Sonic fiber MDU installs

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by condo_owner » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:26 pm
I live in a condo in a 90ish unit building in Oakland. If and when Sonic brings their fiber product to my neighborhood, I was wondering how MDU installation would work. Currently our cable and telecom utilities come into our individual garages depending on which area of the building the condos are in - would Sonic do the same?

How does sonic usually bring fiber up into the individual units? From what I can tell, there isn't any conduit that goes into each condo unit, and I'm not sure my HOA would like to have holes drilled into each unit and cabling brought in that way.

I'm sure we're not the only building with this type of situation - just wondering what the usual course of action from Sonic is to get service to a building like mine.
by dane » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:36 pm
MDU installation methods vary based upon the type of building, available conduit or cabling, height, and other factors. Generally, we meet with a building owner or manager to conduct a site survey and devise the best method of installation and get the work scheduled. We can also coordinate sales activities with building management with the goal being to complete the installation of fiber to all units simultaneously in order to limit the inconvenience for tenants and management.

We've got a dedicated MDU team here that helps with providing info about the service itself, coordinates sales activities, and assists with any communication needs with our installation and construction groups. It's a great process, and when complete, the service adds value for owners while increasing tenant satisfaction.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1