Sonic Fiber into Rockridge?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
47 posts Page 5 of 5
by dane » Mon Apr 01, 2019 5:22 pm
aolmos wrote:Please check 5405 Thomas Ave. Oakland 94618 for Fiber availability.
My bet is it has fallen off the map and is in limbo even though there is Fiber 100 feet away on Broadway two telephone poles away.
The fiber you are seeing 100 feet away is not Sonic fiber. Sonic has not yet expanded our network in the East Bay to reach South of Hwy 24. If/when we do, hopefully we can reach you!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by chris » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:58 am
Wait, "if/when"? So after steadily moving south from Albany there's a chance you might just skip Rockridge/Temescal? How is that even possible? I understand that you're reluctant to put dates on roll-outs owing to mitigating factors outside your control, but how can you imply that you might not even bother with these (relatively prosperous, likely to have high uptake on fiber) neighborhoods?
by v25 » Tue May 21, 2019 4:40 pm
+1 for Rockridge please!
I'm also anxiously keeping my fingers crossed for Sonic to bring fiber service south of Hwy 24 into Rockridge. It kills me to see the coverage map just stopping short of my neighborhood just south of 24 surrounding College Ave.
We love what Dane and the Sonic family stand for, and we really despise dealing with Comcast or AT&T!
by cmnull » Sat May 25, 2019 5:33 pm
Another +1 for fiber South of 24 in Rockridge. We'd be on board in an instant!
by Chris » Sun Jun 09, 2019 10:46 am
Bumping the thread in case there's been any movement on Rockridge and Temescal. I can't imagine that these neighborhoods are somehow less suited for fiber roll-out than what we've got in the east bay to date, but last we heard from Dane their status was ambiguous at best. Any particular reason?
by thisguy » Fri Jan 17, 2020 6:14 am
I'd also really like to know about fiber status in Temescal
by lasevich » Fri Feb 14, 2020 8:10 pm
+1 on wanting to know about Temescal. I know there is sonic fiber a few blocks west, but when is it going to be our turn?

Dane, people mention seeing "coverage maps" and "rollout plans" or being told that their neighborhood is coming soon, but I have not been able to find any of that. It is really frustrating. How does one check if our neighborhood is being considered, and if so, about how far off that may be. (yes, there is an AT&T option here, but I'd rather do something more fun, like get a root canal.)

A little transparency can go a long way - even if it is not good news.

Thanks,
47 posts Page 5 of 5