AT$T installing Fiber near Telegraph Avenue Berkeley?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by Clu42 » Wed Nov 07, 2018 1:22 pm
Hi Dane,
I just saw at least 3 or 4 AT$T trucks around Dana and Derby St in Berkeley today. I asked one of the technicians what was going on, and he said they were installing fiber onto the telephone poles, and that someone would come around in a month or two to sell it to us. I thought you said Berkeley wouldn't allow service trucks in the city during the months of November and December? Is AT$T getting preferential treatment? I can provide pictures of some of the trucks, if you want?
by dane » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:33 pm
Clu42 wrote:Hi Dane,
I just saw at least 3 or 4 AT$T trucks around Dana and Derby St in Berkeley today. I asked one of the technicians what was going on, and he said they were installing fiber onto the telephone poles, and that someone would come around in a month or two to sell it to us. I thought you said Berkeley wouldn't allow service trucks in the city during the months of November and December? Is AT$T getting preferential treatment? I can provide pictures of some of the trucks, if you want?
My understanding is that Berkeley does not allow road work after November 20th. But thankfully, little of that is required, and we've obtained the permit for the key segment and we will complete it before that cut-off date.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Clu42 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:53 pm
I just saw two AT&T trucks today, in the area. Not sure if they were installing fiber, or repairing lines. However, I also saw a Sonic truck driving around the area. So, if AT&T is doing something illegal and anti-competition. The Sonic rep has logged it and is on top of it. Again, I have a picture, for proof, if you require it.
3 posts Page 1 of 1