Utility Undergrounding in Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by NBerk_UUD » Tue Oct 23, 2018 2:01 pm
Hello.

A neighbor of mine sent an email to Sonic several weeks ago but did not hear back (besides getting assigned a request #5339815) so I followed up with a call today. I was told to submit a new post here so that your "CEO and others with better knowledge of the Fiber construction methods will be the ones who will reply to the post."

I am part of a neighborhood group in Berkeley that is in the process of establishing a Utilities Undergrounding District (UUD) and we're doing everything we can to move all overhead wires underground. My understanding is that you do not currently provide service to areas that have been undergrounded. My question to you is, what will happen to current Sonic Subscribers in our area when we get undergrounded?

Residents in this area are adamantly against any additional overhead wires being added to the considerable clutter that already exists. Do we have any rights or power in terms of working with you to minimize or at least influence the placement of additional overhead wires in the interim?
Best regards,
Maria
by cmeisel » Wed Oct 24, 2018 8:08 am
Given the outrages cost the city of Berkeley is proposing for putting wires underground I feel confident, that it may not happen since more than 50% need to agree and in many areas far more are opposed to it.
2 posts Page 1 of 1