Fusion in My Area

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by a1an » Tue Jul 17, 2012 2:36 pm
Hi Dane,
Long time customer, first time requester... I'm really looking for Fusion in my neck of the woods.. I'm in Castro Valley, phone # 510-538-xxxx.. Any chance of getting fusion into my area or any plans to do so?

Thanks,
Alan
by klui » Tue Jul 17, 2012 4:59 pm
Unless things have changed recently, which I doubt, Fusion is only available in Castro Valley toward Hayward and practically nowhere north of Interstate 238.
by dane » Tue Jul 17, 2012 5:00 pm
We do offer service in the Hayward area, our office is at 1129 B St, Hayward, and serves roughly South of 580.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by John W » Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:48 pm
I am also in Castro Valley, and just FYI, as soon as Sonic is available here, I'm signing up! So tired of AT&T DSL...
by Nico » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:00 am
So do you have any plans on extending north of 580?
by klui » Sun Jul 22, 2012 2:37 am
Nico wrote:So do you have any plans on extending north of 580?
I don't want to speak for Sonic but I highly doubt that Fusion will be available in CV soon because most everywhere is served by RTs and they block the Fusion signal. And since CV is such a small city, it wouldn't give AT&T any incentive to build another CO within the city.
by krellan » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:40 pm
I'm also from the fine village of Castro Valley.

AT&T's central office for this area is a considerable distance away, down in Hayward, I believe. But, where I'm at, there's a RT nearby (Somerset at Lake Chabot Rd, simply look for the ugly green box at the northeast corner).

Unfortunately, monopolies and laws being what they are, AT&T is able to use this RT to offer their "U-Verse" service. However, Sonic's not allowed to access it. Anything Sonic provides must be manually extended from AT&T's central office (which I'm too far away for), or Sonic must install their own RT (which would be much too expensive to serve a small audience).

Even AT&T can't make up their mind whether they want to sell me U-Verse or not. I get the advertising postcard in the mail every so often, but whenever I've called in, they run my numbers, and say I'm out of range. So, I'll stick with Sonic :)

Josh
7 posts Page 1 of 1