Fiber going in to Skyhawk's Austin Creek... and the rest of the neighborhood?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by dwstark » Tue Oct 16, 2018 9:28 am
I spoke with the Sonic crew outside Austin Creek Elementary this morning and they said they're putting fiber in to the school, but they did not know of plans to get any more of Skyhawk on fiber.

Sonic: PLEASE consider installing fiber to the rest of the Skyhawk neighborhood! I've been a customer since 1996 and would upgrade to GB speed in an instant.

Still avoiding cable,
- Wil
by Buck » Tue Oct 16, 2018 4:01 pm
DANE JASPER, C.E.O. –
ATTENTION PLEASE.
I spoke with a customer service agent who told me that you monitor this forum – GREAT.
I would love to see Sonic fibre here in the Skyhawk Community also. I also spoke to the installers at the Austin Creek School who told me about the fibre to the school, just three blocks from my home. I just signed a two-year agreement with AT&T. My two week window to change my mind is ending TODAY.
  • IF you can offer me a commensurate deal with them (or close to it), I will switch to you in a heartbeat.
    SINCE fibre is already here to the POP, why not start your neighborhood fibre installation right here in the Skyhawk Community? This is a higher-end development of homes, 0 to 20 years old. It’s seems everyone in this neighborhood are switching carriers now, as the discussion on Nextdoor reflects. If we were one of the first neighborhoods to be offered this service, I’m confident most of the people out here would become Sonic customers. PLEASE get back to me at Dave.W@USA.com.
by dane » Mon Oct 22, 2018 4:15 pm
Yes, we are building to the school there, as part of a federally-funded E-Rate schools connection program. That extends our backbone into the area which makes future expansion easier, but it does not include any direct residential-serving connection at this time.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1