more berkeley gigabit

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by quixote » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:43 am
I am a Berkeley copper customer for over 6 years and have been (with varying degrees of patience) looking forward to fiber all year, with again varying degrees of sympathy for administrative difficulties. Yesterday, a technician was installing a fiber drop from the pole nearest my house (under 10 feet from the corner of my house), to a customer across the street. I chatted with him, and he assured me that the neighborhood fiber was up and running. When I called sales, they denied that it was yet available to me.
While I can understand the need to pay for these infrastucture outlays, it seems as though the company is pushing new installations at the expense of existing customers. I feel completely betrayed after these many years of promoting Sonic to all of my friends and acquaintances.
by dane » Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:33 pm
I wonder if your home is on the border of two coverage zones. Odd though, if we are doing a drop to another home from a pole that’s adjacent to yours, seems like you should be active too. What’s the location?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Quixote » Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:55 am
The pole is at the corner of cedar and Hawthorne terrace. My copper actually comes from the next pole on Hawthorne terrace but would not be the pole of choice since it involves pulling through difficult crawl space, where the other pole would enter through a very accessible path. I attempted to explain that but was being interrupted on the phone.
3 posts Page 1 of 1