Why Fusion IP Broadband X2 75 Mbps is available for upgrade while already using X2?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by helinw » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:33 pm
When I go to upgrade, it shows "Fusion IP Broadband X2 75 Mbps" available for upgrade. However in my account services, it shows "Fusion IP Broadband Residential X2".

I am confused, are these two options different (thus able to upgrade?)

Thanks!
by dane » Mon Oct 08, 2018 10:50 pm
It's been a bit convoluted, but yes - X2 at your location was 50Mbps, and now we've got a same-priced (and thus same-named) X2 product that's 75Mbps. The only downside in upgrading would be a new term commitment.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by helinw » Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:40 am
Hi Dane,

Thank you!
Do you have the link to the term?
Btw, I believe when I sign up Sonic, it's term-less, I could cancel at anytime. I wonder if I can get $10 off per month for the first 12 mos when I enter new terms?

And in case Sonic offers Fiber in my area, and I upgrade to the fiber, will it break the term?

Last question, when trying to upgrade, it says requires an technician visit, just curious why speed upgrade requires technician visit?

Thanks and have a great day!
by mikeapbiz » Tue Oct 16, 2018 10:16 am
dane wrote:It's been a bit convoluted, but yes - X2 at your location was 50Mbps, and now we've got a same-priced (and thus same-named) X2 product that's 75Mbps. The only downside in upgrading would be a new term commitment.
Two clarifying questions based on what Dane and the OP said:
1. If I upgrade from regular Fusion to X2, can I keep my original Fusion Static IP?
2. What is the cost if I have to break the term commitment due to moving/relocating for work?
4 posts Page 1 of 1