SF incomplete deployment never getting done?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by WhatTheProblemIs? » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:44 am
i think we're getting close to the 18-24 month mark here- only half our block has been wired with fiber. every tech we see on the street says they dont see a reason why fiber cant come down and finish off the block. nobody can give us an answer, nobody at sonic seems to want to give us an answer. the only answer we get is that there is no answer. or that you are aware and its on some sort of list.... which is apparently customer service-speak for "we are ignoring you so please dont bother us anymore" from what we can tell.

seriously. what the problem is?
by larns576 » Mon Oct 08, 2018 1:41 pm
I read in another post that it can take 2 years once they know about the newly repaired poles. They can't just make a pit stop and hang some more fiber during lunch break. It has to be re engineered from scratch and create another build plan & permits for it. If they hire contractors to do it (like they do in the Excelsior district), they'll have to do a contract with them and pay for it.

But to bring an entire team to another neighborhood across down just to splice some fiber for just a few homes that may or may not sign up doesn't sound like a great business motivator.

Perhaps if you can convince your neighbors to all sign up once/if they wire it up, and make a pitch to Dane, they'll add it into their next rollout.

Dunno what's Sonic's plans regarding wiring up the rest of your block, but knowing how slow they are, I doubt anytime "soon".
by dane » Mon Oct 08, 2018 2:37 pm
I can provide some specifics if you give me the block in question.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1