Uverse to Fusion 2

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by leefc » Mon Jul 09, 2012 2:38 pm
Signed up for Fusion and got a confirmation email that it was completed. When it didn't work, I called Customer Service and the message was "not technically feasible."

My situation
- Have ATT voice (land line, not VOIP or uverse)
- Have Uverse, used to have ATT DSL
- Don't want the existing phone number
- Live in San Francisco's Mission District (94110)

Next steps from customer service was was that i needed to call ATT and coordinate all of the switch over by canceling ATT and then signing up for Fusion. The result would be at least a couple weeks of downtime per Customer Service.

That's a very manual process, real pain in the butt, and certainly not easy to do business with. Am I missing something and somehow doing this the hard way?
by dane » Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:07 pm
A few questions:

Did you order Fusion on the tel number that you're using for the U-Verse?
What make a model modem/router do you have on this circuit now? (This will tell me if it's VDSL UVerse or ADSL2+ UVerse)

If you ordered using your ATT TN, next step would be to order service instead by address, which will include a new telephone number assignment from us. (If you did want to keep your UVerse tel number, you'd port that over after Fusion service delivery.)

Do reply on the first two items, thanks!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by leefc » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:05 pm
Did you order Fusion on the tel number that you're using for the U-Verse?
Oddly, during the sign up process, I chose a new number, but the service was listed to reuse my existing number. A couple clarifications: 1) I don't actually want to keep the phone number, 2) I don't have U-verse for voice, just internet. Kept the land line for voice.
What make a model modem/router do you have on this circuit now? (This will tell me if it's VDSL UVerse or ADSL2+ UVerse)
motorola nvg510
If you ordered using your ATT TN, next step would be to order service instead by address, which will include a new telephone number assignment from us. (If you did want to keep your UVerse tel number, you'd port that over after Fusion service delivery.)
I'll call Customer Service and see they can do that.

Thanks,
Franklin
by dane » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:21 pm
Very interesting. You do have basic ADSL2+ CO-served service, plus POTS voice - that by all rights should be a "like for like" transition, and we should be able to hot cut it. I'd love to dig into that - do send over the order number!

How would the service be set up to re-use your existing number if it were not ordered with a port over of that number? If you chose a new number, that would be unrelated to the existing service in any way. And again, interesting if that's failing, so send over order number.

Finally, regarding ordering to your address with a new number, you can do that online - just don't put in your current number to qualify and port over.

While delivery of Fusion is underway, don't disconnect your U-verse service. Disconnection of that service shouldn't be necessary - and we should work to resolve the issue if it's claimed that it is, so please don't - it'd be inconvenient for you, and wouldn't give us something to work against.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by klui » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:49 pm
dane wrote:Very interesting. You do have basic ADSL2+ CO-served service, plus POTS voice
Since there are a couple of variants for U-verse, couldn't the OP have U-verse but served behind an RT? Then that individual could not get Fusion.
by leefc » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:31 am
Here's my info Order #56614. I called last night and Customer Service said they'd request a new loop.
6 posts Page 1 of 1