I guess it's time to leave sonic

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
48 posts Page 1 of 5
by dennish » Thu Sep 20, 2018 6:41 pm
I've been with sonic for over 20 years here in Santa Rosa. Started on dialup and moved to fusion. Only getting around 3 mbits. While I have supported sonic for these many years they have left me and my neighbors behind in speed. While I am happy with their service the speed is no longer acceptabe. They should have taken better care of us who helped finance their expansion into other cities. 3 mbits just doesn't do it anymore.
by cmeisel » Fri Sep 21, 2018 3:24 pm
I assume you checked if they have other offerings in your neighborhood ?
by dane » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:22 pm
We offer upgrades of one type or another in virtually every location today. See the Member Tools site's connection management section here for details: https://members.sonic.net/connections/serviceupdate/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by meh » Fri Sep 21, 2018 5:30 pm
Yeah, upgrades with the long-term customer tax.
by cmeisel » Sat Sep 22, 2018 1:55 pm
What kind of a comment it this? Of all the providers out there Sonic is one of the only ones who seem to care about customers and not just the bottom line. They care about net neutrality (nobody else does, on the contrary most others fought it), yes, they do charge whatever local taxes are required but you can even look them up on their website so transparency seems to be another important thing to them. I can’t wait to become a sonic customers once the Fiber arrives. People just like to complain. Name another company that cares so much, offers you a free in and outgoing fax line, that offers a free vpn service to ensure your privacy, that has no caps on their cheap high speed. I don’t get this complaining.
by dennish » Sat Sep 22, 2018 8:05 pm
All I could fine for my location was an upgrade to 6 mbits. Way too slow for tme times.
by lumo » Fri Oct 05, 2018 1:44 am
cmeisel wrote:What kind of a comment it this? Of all the providers out there Sonic is one of the only ones who seem to care about customers and not just the bottom line. They care about net neutrality (nobody else does, on the contrary most others fought it), yes, they do charge whatever local taxes are required but you can even look them up on their website so transparency seems to be another important thing to them. I can’t wait to become a sonic customers once the Fiber arrives. People just like to complain. Name another company that cares so much, offers you a free in and outgoing fax line, that offers a free vpn service to ensure your privacy, that has no caps on their cheap high speed. I don’t get this complaining.
I've had sonic for 2 years and i've seen every building get fiber but the one i live in it really hurts tbh
by funny1 » Sat Oct 06, 2018 7:42 pm
cmeisel wrote:What kind of a comment it this? Of all the providers out there Sonic is one of the only ones who seem to care about customers and not just the bottom line. They care about net neutrality (nobody else does, on the contrary most others fought it), yes, they do charge whatever local taxes are required but you can even look them up on their website so transparency seems to be another important thing to them. I can’t wait to become a sonic customers once the Fiber arrives. People just like to complain. Name another company that cares so much, offers you a free in and outgoing fax line, that offers a free vpn service to ensure your privacy, that has no caps on their cheap high speed. I don’t get this complaining.
The original poster is fed up with his/her 3 mbits connection. *You* can't wait to be a customer once Fiber arrives. Why not switch over now prior to fiber if you value those other traits?
by dane » Sun Oct 07, 2018 5:41 am
lumo wrote:I've had sonic for 2 years and i've seen every building get fiber but the one i live in it really hurts tbh
Our fiber network has gaps, due to both pole issues and SF’s disallowance of new trenchless underground utility construction. We’ve also still got a number of apartment building owners blocking our access, despite SF’s law that requires it. Sorry we haven’t reached you yet!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by cmeisel » Mon Oct 08, 2018 8:48 am
I believe the poster is in Santa Rosa
48 posts Page 1 of 5