super slow wireless speed

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by sg-sf » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:14 pm
I know wireless is slower than cabled hookup but my speeds are very low, even midafternoon - single digit download speed. Any tips for improving connectivity and speed?
by dane » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:29 pm
sg-sf wrote:I know wireless is slower than cabled hookup but my speeds are very low, even midafternoon - single digit download speed. Any tips for improving connectivity and speed?
Short answer: ring Sonic support, you can request a call here: https://www.sonic.com/support

Longer answer: What Sonic service do you have, and what equipment are you using for the WiFi? Is the connection slow from all of your devices, or only some of them? Is it slower in some parts of the premise than others? Are you in a city location where you see 25+ WiFi access points all within range of your client devices?

Getting a bit more afield, do you (or does a nearby neighbor) have any devices which might interfere with WiFi, for example video baby monitors, wireless intercoms, etc?

Certainly happy to talk out ideas here, but support can also help diagnose and recommend solutions. But consistently slow speed from all connected devices, even near the Sonic access point might point toward bad equipment, so it'd be worth contacting support in that case.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1