Problems with Eero dropout

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by symbianpsion » Sun Sep 16, 2018 4:09 pm
Hi all...hopefully, this is something obvious and dumb on my part, but I'm having severe problems with my wireless setup and dropped connectivity on a daily basis...Currently, the Sonic ONT/gateway is in the garage, then running through Cat5 throughout the house. This is connected directly to a couple of Eero bases...90% of the time, this works great. But fairly frequently, the Eero system just turns red, and I have to reboot everything...sometimes, it takes 30 minutes to get back and running...

I should ALSO mention that we have a Sony Bravia smart TV that is connected to the network. Sometimes, this TV loses its connection, and I'm wondering if something about this TV is disrupting the network?

In any event, this is occurring on a near daily basis, and is SO frustrating. I've gone through both eero and sonic support, and both tell me that the problem isn't on their side...But there is certainly a major problem somewhere!!

thanks for any advice
by jacob.karinen » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:06 am
Sorry to hear you're having issues. A quick search for eero LED turning red says that it's the eero reporting a lost connection (or lack of connection) to the internet. The next time it goes down, and before you restart the system, I recommend going to your ONT and connecting directly to it via ethernet. If you have internet there and you plug the eero in and it's not getting internet then it's pointing towards an issue with the eero. If you don't have internet at the ONT then it's most likely an issue with our service and we need to dive into what's going on there.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
2 posts Page 1 of 1