Cancellation notice - but it's been run on pole

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 2 of 2
by hamifer » Tue Nov 27, 2018 1:01 pm
Considering it was put in around the area and this is an expansion, is there any rough timeline that could be provided since construction has started?
by m.harmon » Wed Nov 28, 2018 8:09 am
Not even a rough timeline.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by Larns576 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 10:19 am
On the other thread, Dane has said it takes 9-18 months to engineer and construct, assuming you are in the same build as them (east of cotter st). My own rule of thumb is to double what they tell you. So my unofficial wild guesstimate is 1-3 yrs.
by hamifer » Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:45 am
What I find a bit confusing is that they've already done the majority of the work in the area, just not on that pole. My estimated time to installation prior to cancelling my pre-order due to the pole was 1 month out. With that said, it the pole is fixed and they were able to estimate 1 month out previously, why would we be looking at 9-18 months?
by Larns576 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:36 am
9-18 months isnt specific to your case. As you've been told, your address has no specific or rough ETA. But in general, on another thread, not related to your situation, it can take 9-18 months to evaluate, plan, engineer, and build out an area. It appears, in general, once they remove a section from the build plan, they can't simply go back and add it back on. They have to start over from scratch all over again. Which explains the 9-18 months.
15 posts Page 2 of 2