Cancellation notice - but it's been run on pole

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
15 posts Page 1 of 2
by Hamifer » Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:56 am
Hello!

I've been eagerly awaiting my pre-order for Gigabit in the outer mission in San Francisco. I even signed up for a shorter contract with a price reduction based on the timelines Sonic has provided. Then, out of the blue I've been told I cannot have it installed and my pre order is being cancelled.

However, I'm fairly certain that the line has already been run on the pole, Comcast and Wave have been on the pole in recent months, and the drop needed to go to my house, which is directly in front of the pole would have no more significance to safety than running the line itself. My father has worked installing fiber ever since Verizon adopted the technology and is baffled as well, as he would expect PG&E to have to replace the line if a 15-20 drop would cause an issue.

Im simply wanting to find a solution to get the service I was excited for and not pay the premium about to hit me from the other provider.

Happy to chat more.

Chris
by m.harmon » Fri Sep 07, 2018 12:02 pm
Currently Sonic fiber isn't in your area. We are unable to get to your location due to un-usable poles. The pole in front of your home may be fine but due to the other poles we are unable to get to you.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by rforrest » Sat Sep 08, 2018 7:50 am
M Harmon,
Can you give us an idea of what those issues are and which poles they are?

Not only does that give us the ability to try to pressure the PUC/pGE to solve the issues, but many poles have had issues resolved and pg&e does not notify sonic or update the pole database, apparently.
by m.harmon » Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:32 am
Ill do some investigation.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by Hamifer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 5:17 pm
Hey there, just wanted to check if we can get an update on this. If there is an ability to impact an upgrade of a pole, it would be great to understand where the issue lies. Thanks!
by larns576 » Sun Nov 25, 2018 12:32 pm
Perhaps you are on the same boat as these guys
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6999
by m.harmon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 8:55 am
Sorry for the lack of updates. But yes this thread is the same situation . viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6999.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by hamifer » Mon Nov 26, 2018 1:10 pm
Hi M Harmon,

While it sounds like a similar issue, that pole that Dale describes is nowhere near us. I was wondering if we can get a similar update to the pole in question? I've also contacted support and they said that it is available at my address, but pending engineering. Are you able to get some sort of idea of when we should see it to that address? As I mentioned to support, I'm overpaying massively to another ISP because the discount period is up early due to me expecting this at the date Sonic mentioned previously. I'm spending nearly $60 more a month that I planned for previous to my pre-order being canceled.
by m.harmon » Mon Nov 26, 2018 2:18 pm
Ah! That throws off my information a bit. Let me check in on this one.

Ill update you much sooner then last time.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by m.harmon » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:40 am
The unusable poles in that area have been re-examined and are now open to use. We are in the process of construction but I could not give you any estimate for completion.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
15 posts Page 1 of 2