gigabit available on some blocks of Lexington st in SF but not others?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by peter@sutherland.net » Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:22 pm
Hi

The 200 block of Lexington has Sonic Gigabit Fiber but not the 300 block. I spoke with a guy in the sonic truck when the 200 block was going in earlier this year and it sounded like the whole 3 block stretch was going in. Any news you can share with that?

PG&E replaced a telephone pole at the south end of Lexington ( corner with 21st ) last night - perhaps that has been holding up progress?

I know several neighbors on the block interested in signing up when it arrives. Hopefully soon.

Thanks

Peter
by dane » Thu Aug 30, 2018 3:19 pm
I've asked engineering to re-look at this segment. When we engineered it in 2016, there was a series of mid-span clearance issues, where existing cables were lower than code allows. We were unable to add our cables, which would also be in violation, as a result.

We're now taking a fresh look to see if we could add an arm higher up to relocate things to, and if that'd clear the issue. It's in the queue of things we're doing "rework" on, but it is likely to be six months to a year before we have anything concrete, and longer to see it built if it is viable. FYI!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by benjaminsberman » Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:28 am
Incoming Lexington Street 300s resident and current subscriber. Any word on Lexington 300s? San Carlos 300s has AT&T Fiber and you guys also have permits for it. There are aerials. I am an existing Sonic customer and I'm moving there, and 20/20 2xADSL would be a big downgrade for me.
3 posts Page 1 of 1