Welcome!

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
7 posts Page 1 of 1
by dane » Tue May 17, 2011 5:32 pm
This is the first official post on our new community forums!

Sonic.net has long had strong community support, and a great feel in our old Usenet sonic.* groups. It's long overdue though that we provide a modern web enabled forum where customers can dialog. So, welcome, please post your questions, ideas, comments, and enjoy the discussions.

Note that this is not a good avenue for individual support. We can't fix your circuit without talking to you!

So, if you have troubles which require our attention, please phone us at 707-547-3400 or email support@sonic.net to discuss. These forums however are ideal for discussion about how to best use your Sonic.net connection, third party applications and equipment, unsupported feature discussion in our Labs section, etc.

Thanks for participating!

-Dane Jasper
CEO & Co-Founder
Sonic.net
Sonic Telecom
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by bobrk » Thu May 19, 2011 9:56 am
Awesome, thanks for setting this up, Dane!
by John Nouveaux » Thu May 26, 2011 7:14 am
Forums! What a great idea. So much better than newsgroups IMHO. Thanks Sonic!

Now if only Fusion service could make it out to my neighborhood... ;-)
by tikvah » Sat May 28, 2011 10:47 am
Thanks so much for doing this! I used to be pretty active on USENET but lost a way to get decent access and just dropped out. I missed it and I know it was the best place to get detailed answers to many questions. USENET will always have a special place in my heart, but it's just not up to date anymore.

I look forward to when this new forum really gets going. I know you've got a lot of bugs/edits to work out (like I can only choose British English as my language and when I tried to change my email address, it told me I had the wrong password (password was not a field and I was already logged in)). And please let me change my username! I don't want to be known as the name I choose for my account.

Thanks!
Cyndi
by orm » Wed Jun 01, 2011 6:23 pm
Excellent, already many bugs fixed in here (on the forum itself). Hopefully this can be a resource for customers to assist each other as well. Here's to a lively growing community! (I never did the usenet thing). Can't wait to see dozens of posts in each category. Will stuff like merging redundant posts happen I wonder? Or probably that would be too much overhead on the moderation side. We shall see I suppose.
by nicknick » Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:29 pm
I like the idea of a Sonic.net hosted forum for questions, discussions, and news.

That said, here are my two cents.
1) Allow users to specify as pseudonym to use on this forum that is not our sonic.net login (which is the same as our sonic.net email address). Using the same on the forum just make it easier for bad people to find my email to spam/phish me or to try to guess my password and use my account. I'm sure there is a way to link our accounts to our usernames on the back-end which would allow your support people to link us to our accounts if you need to look something up in response to a post here.
2) What is the 'Add foe' link in the view profile? Sounds more interesting than 'Add friend' but I don't know what it will do! :-)
by scott » Tue Aug 02, 2011 12:24 pm
Hi nicknick -- I guess the word on the street is pseudonyms are pseudo-supported, in that you can use the member tools to create a mailbox account for your pseudonym.

"add foe" sounds like it would let you ignore users, &/or possibly block them -- hopefully one of the guys more familiar with phpbb will see this & speak up.
7 posts Page 1 of 1