When can we have gigabit fiber on 9th Avenue in the Inner Sunset?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
6 posts Page 1 of 1
by sfartist » Fri Aug 24, 2018 12:09 pm
I tried many times earlier this year to get an understandable answer as to why fiber is not available on 9th Avenue but is available on other avenues nearby.

Currently, they are digging up the streets and also putting in fiber I am told.

Project manager (Inner Sunset Streetscape Project) is Mike Rieger: (415) 558-4492.

We do have utility poles on this street.
by steelgaze » Sun Aug 26, 2018 1:02 am
The fiber is not for Sonic, and AFAIK, it's too late for them to get into the process. You're in for a wait it looks like, or maybe just move a few blocks over and you can get a hookup on the existing lines.
by larns576 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:09 pm
9th ave doesnt have aerial utilities and for the time being, Sonic only installs fiber on overhead poles. The underground utilities belong to ATT & Comcast and Sonic is not a participating in the current underground work.

Your best hope is for ATT or Comcast to upgrade their services or some form of high speed wireless internet
by Larns576 » Mon Aug 27, 2018 6:29 pm
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=6905&p=39416#p39416

The last post by Dane kinda explains why your block doesnt gave fiber even though it has poles
by digitalbitstream » Wed Aug 29, 2018 1:17 pm
What you CAN do is petition the City to install City-owned spare conduit. The cost of this is trivial.
The benefits down the road, hard to quantify, but seemingly high.

Then sometime down the road, Sonic could lease the spare conduit from the City.
by sfartist » Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:41 pm
I posted this again, forgetting that I had already asked the question.

Fact is that there are telephone polls on our street.

Nothing has been undergrounded!
6 posts Page 1 of 1