Self install with dry DSL?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by ajay » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:24 am
I have just DSL from ATT (no home phone service). Can I still do a "self install"? I'm thinking, all I need to do is unplug the ATT modem and plug in the ZTE, right? Is there anything more to it? I'd prefer not to have to pay the $75 "full install" fee (not to mention, I'll have to take a day off work to be there).
by dane » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:15 am
No, I'm afraid not - we can't take over the dry pair loop you have now. If you had AT&T landline voice service, we can "hot cut" that, but a new loop and technician visit would be required. Sorry!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ajay » Tue Jun 26, 2012 5:29 pm
I guess I should re-state the question, since I'm probably misusing terminology here.

I used to have DSL + Local service from ATT. I was paying $15/mo for no reason, so I told them I didn't need local phone service anymore, and they stopped that. I still have the DSL. Now I'd like to switch over to Sonic.
by dane » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:35 pm
ajay wrote:I guess I should re-state the question, since I'm probably misusing terminology here.

I used to have DSL + Local service from ATT. I was paying $15/mo for no reason, so I told them I didn't need local phone service anymore, and they stopped that. I still have the DSL. Now I'd like to switch over to Sonic.
If you were to re-establish voice with them, we could use this loop via a hot-cut - but a data-only loop doesn't allow for this.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
4 posts Page 1 of 1