Urgent: US Telecom FCC forbearance petition

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
13 posts Page 2 of 2
by ankh » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:59 pm
adding fiber to poles that they likely shouldn't, given that the poles overloaded and tagged. That creates a competitive asymmetry
Um. "Competitive asymmetry" sounds like you're being a nice guy who can't believe anyone would be tilting the playing field intentionally.

Once is happenstance, twice, is coincidence, three times ..... might warrant a lawyer letter, if there's a regulator who might be nudged into some oversight. I hope you have considered the possibility that there's some big businesses out there who'd like to do you and your customers badly.
by dane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:56 am
ankh wrote:
adding fiber to poles that they likely shouldn't, given that the poles overloaded and tagged. That creates a competitive asymmetry
Um. "Competitive asymmetry" sounds like you're being a nice guy who can't believe anyone would be tilting the playing field intentionally.

Once is happenstance, twice, is coincidence, three times ..... might warrant a lawyer letter, if there's a regulator who might be nudged into some oversight. I hope you have considered the possibility that there's some big businesses out there who'd like to do you and your customers badly.
No, we're clearly aware.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Customer » Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:35 pm
Sent my message to the FCC. I've been happy with Sonic and really hope this all works out.

When you look at the options available in certain Asian & European countries, it really underscores the disgraceful state of our infrastructure. There are pockets of Silicon Valley that still can't do any better than 20mbps (or worse) and reducing competition will remove any incentive for Comcast and AT&T to do anything about it.
13 posts Page 2 of 2