PSI PS18L-32 (PS18L-U2) Battery Reached End of Life (Red Battery Light)

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
8 posts Page 1 of 1
by limitz » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:20 am
It's been about 3 years going on 4. What's the best way of obtaining a replacement battery (PS18L-32)?
Indicators
Battery
Color-Red
Service or replace battery, or battery is not
installed in NXG-Vision
https://www.fairpoint.com/files/live/si ... -23507.pdf
20180803_141959.jpg
20180803_141959.jpg (254.4 KiB) Viewed 4170 times
by m.harmon » Mon Aug 06, 2018 10:15 am
The best bet to replace that device is to check out Amazon or you preferred electronics supplier. You can purchase a UPS from a vendor like Amazon or Newegg that adheres to our battery parameters: A 125 VA (volt-amps) UPS or greater, which supplies at least 75 watts.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by rtrinh » Tue Aug 07, 2018 11:35 pm
Wow is it already dead? The PDF linked says it has a 10 to 15 year design life.

Something of a concern for earlier fiber users who got and those who opted in for the PSI UPS/powersupply is the fact it connects directly to the DC barrel jack on the ONT. We were not supplied with a standard AC to DC adapter for the ONT so we are stuck with the PSI unit even if the battery itself is dead.

Also looking at the PDF it says it uses four 3.7V 2600mAH batteries. It makes me wonder if those batteries inside are just 18650 sized batteries.
by dane » Wed Aug 08, 2018 11:36 am
Yes, these units should last 10-15 years. I'll talk to team and see if we can get you a replacement!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by danielg4 » Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:44 pm
rtrinh wrote:Wow is it already dead? The PDF linked says it has a 10 to 15 year design life.

Something of a concern for earlier fiber users who got and those who opted in for the PSI UPS/powersupply is the fact it connects directly to the DC barrel jack on the ONT. We were not supplied with a standard AC to DC adapter for the ONT so we are stuck with the PSI unit even if the battery itself is dead.

Also looking at the PDF it says it uses four 3.7V 2600mAH batteries. It makes me wonder if those batteries inside are just 18650 sized batteries.
The ONT comes with a standard AC to DC adapter, but the installer throws it in the garbage if a PSI UPS is being installed. The adapter is Asian Power Devices Inc. model number WA-12M12FU. The output is 12V 1A, center positive. According to the following page, the OD is 2.5mm and the ID is 1mm: https://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21724487886524 (Thank you, Google Translate!)
by rtrinh » Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:16 pm
danielg4 wrote:
rtrinh wrote:Wow is it already dead? The PDF linked says it has a 10 to 15 year design life.

The ONT comes with a standard AC to DC adapter, but the installer throws it in the garbage if a PSI UPS is being installed. The adapter is Asian Power Devices Inc. model number WA-12M12FU. The output is 12V 1A, center positive. According to the following page, the OD is 2.5mm and the ID is 1mm: https://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21724487886524 (Thank you, Google Translate!)
Good to know the output specs. Pretty standard adapter.
by BLM » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:37 pm
My PSI battery has been beeping off and on for the past few months. I have tried to find a replacement (did not find it on Amazon), but without any luck at all. The unit is still working, but the beeping is making me crazy. Also, I understood the unit should last at least 10 years. Any thoughts on this? I have no idea how to replace it and definitely need to take action sooner than later.

I'd sure appreciate some guidance...

Thank you.
by dane » Wed Dec 05, 2018 4:56 pm
The unit should last longer than this, I’d suggest contacting support to see if they can provide a replacement.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
8 posts Page 1 of 1