Resale of AT&T Fiber Offerings?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
105 posts Page 2 of 11
by dane » Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:22 pm
JDL wrote:Nice. Can you share an idea of timeline? Are you looking at some offerings in the next quarter, or are you thinking more like mid to late 2019?
Next month.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Ney Fusion2X Cust » Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:24 pm
This is heartening news Dane. We are a Fusion 2X customer currently limited to only 12 down / 2 up due to distance from the CO, very disappointing speeds for the price. Here on Ney Street in The Excelsior, AT&T came through a few weeks ago loading up all the poles from Mission to the end of Ney with Fiber. Since Sonic GIS reports my address is a no-go due to pole issues, I'm guessing AT&T purposely maxed out the infrastructure capacity to keep Sonic fiber out of our neighborhood. This burns since we originally signed up for Fusion 2X specifically to be eligible for low cost fiber when available. Let us know how and when to sign up !
by Fiber-4-me-plez » Tue Aug 14, 2018 6:51 am
Wait... so does this mean, that wherever AT&T has fiber up, we will be able to get Sonic? Or is this only in certain areas?
by pamdemonia » Tue Aug 14, 2018 8:58 pm
Ney Fusion2X Cust wrote:This is heartening news Dane. We are a Fusion 2X customer currently limited to only 12 down / 2 up due to distance from the CO, very disappointing speeds for the price. Here on Ney Street in The Excelsior, AT&T came through a few weeks ago loading up all the poles from Mission to the end of Ney with Fiber. Since Sonic GIS reports my address is a no-go due to pole issues, I'm guessing AT&T purposely maxed out the infrastructure capacity to keep Sonic fiber out of our neighborhood. This burns since we originally signed up for Fusion 2X specifically to be eligible for low cost fiber when available. Let us know how and when to sign up !

Hello neighbor! I'm on Silver between Madrid and Congdon and I just got FTTN today and it is FASSSSTTTT. Now maybe I only think that after having only single channel DSL for so long....but the tech was really great and they ran fiber to a new network interface at my house and then new wire from that into the house and the router. Which is pretty darn cool. Plus I'm still a Sonic customer! Yay!

Anyway, I'd still prefer their fiber, but it is nice to feel like I've left the early aughts!

pam
by Ney Fusion2X Cust » Tue Aug 14, 2018 11:48 pm
pamdemonia wrote:

Hello neighbor! I'm on Silver between Madrid and Congdon and I just got FTTN today and it is FASSSSTTTT. Now maybe I only think that after having only single channel DSL for so long....but the tech was really great and they ran fiber to a new network interface at my house and then new wire from that into the house and the router. Which is pretty darn cool. Plus I'm still a Sonic customer! Yay!

Anyway, I'd still prefer their fiber, but it is nice to feel like I've left the early aughts!

pam
So neighbor, exactly HOW FAST ? What are your measured (not promised, MEASURED) speeds ? What was the process and PRICE to get FTTN from Sonic? I'll wager you are still only getting a tenth of what FTTH would deliver, but that is still a huge improvement if Sonic honors the original price promise made when we signed up for Fusion 2X as a temporary measure while waiting for gig speed Fiber To The Home which we will clearly NEVER get here on Ney Street. XFINITY is offering a 150 download speed for a two year contract at only $29.95/month which we are seriously considering in light of Sonic's inability to deliver on its promise.
by sonic_expat » Wed Aug 15, 2018 7:07 am
This is great news that they are expanding the offerings through AT&T. I’ve been waiting for the good news. However, I sadly left Sonic for two reasons: 50mbps speed limit and the $90+/mo price tag.

$90/mo can get you unlimited gigabit speeds wih AT&T. $80/mo for the first year if new customer with the router and taxes included in the price... so far.

My concern is that a gigabit resell could be priced at $100+ with Sonic. Always favored everything about Sonic and I hope that they can work out reasonable resell offers this time.
by xtian.stratus » Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:32 am
ATT just rolled out fiber on my street. I'm currently on the FTTN Sonic via ATT and am eager to upgrade to Sonic fiber via ATT.

edit: Will Sonic contact existing customers when this is offered or do I need to check here?
by Mike Fiber » Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:36 pm
Will static IPs be a (priced) option?
by bubba198 » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:15 pm
so does this new resale plan mean that if Gigapower web site says "available" that means one can order Sonic?
by dane » Mon Aug 20, 2018 9:56 pm
Yes. Soon.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
105 posts Page 2 of 11