Resale of AT&T Fiber Offerings?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
105 posts Page 4 of 11
by gled » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:34 pm
gled wrote:
dane wrote:
gled wrote:Luckily went here just before placing an order of fusion FFTN x2 at 50m.

AT&T is offering me 100Mpbs, so that means I could be eligible for FX2 ( I am in 94596, CA ).

Should I wait for that offer to be available through Sonic or still order FTTN x2 at 50Mbps hoping to upgrade ASAP ? What do you think ?
If you're a new customer, I believe you should be able to order the IP Broadband FX products by phone today. (They go live on the website today or tomorrow.)

Existing customers will need to wait a few weeks, as upgrade capabilities are being integrated into our Member Tools platform.
Thank you ! :)

I just tried, and it seems like AT&T API is returning only x2 max for my location, no FX2.
Weird as I can get the 100Mbps directly from them.

I wonder if I should order from them and then terminate the service right away to force an update of their database ?
Sorry about the noise, 2nd phone call and this time order has been placed for fx2 !

Thank you Dane and Sonic !
by dane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:13 pm
gled wrote: Thank you ! :)

I just tried, and it seems like AT&T API is returning only x2 max for my location, no FX2.

I wonder if I should order from them and then terminate the service right away to force an update of their database ?
Well, that's interesting. We haven't seen issues with prequal yet, will you send over your address, DM here or email?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by JDL » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:39 pm
dane wrote:

Well, that's interesting. We haven't seen issues with prequal yet, will you send over your address, DM here or email?

I am having the same issue. I am a current FTTN X2 Sonic customer, ATT shows (online and via phone) that I can get their 100/100 fiber service (yay!). Sonic shows this as unavailable at my location (per emails with support today).

Are there going to be service areas where this will be the case? (FTTNx2 only for Sonic, ATT can sell me fiber)
by tristan.mahe » Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:56 pm
dane wrote:

It was a non issue on the second call. Maybe some delay or a confusion during the first call ? I got cut on that first call, called back a bit later, and I was eligible.

Replying there from the newly created Sonic account in case you want to have more details :)

Eager to test that new connection now, thank you !
by dane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:06 pm
I am having the same issue. I am a current FTTN X2 Sonic customer, ATT shows (online and via phone) that I can get their 100/100 fiber service (yay!). Sonic shows this as unavailable at my location (per emails with support today).

Are there going to be service areas where this will be the case? (FTTNx2 only for Sonic, ATT can sell me fiber)
For existing customers with either Fusion or Fusion FTTN (now called IP Broadband), give us a few weeks on the upgrade process. It'll be launched as a Member Tool, and you'll be able to check your current connection for available upgrades. Our expectation is that any site AT&T can serve, we can serve, and if that doesn't align, we'll dig into that with them.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by chucko » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:58 pm
We currently have FTTN x2 in the San Miguel neighborhood of Sunnyvale (94085). AT&T's website says gigabit is available in our neighborhood. Looking forward to a major speed boost!
by dane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 10:16 pm
chucko wrote:We currently have FTTN x2 in the San Miguel neighborhood of Sunnyvale (94085). AT&T's website says gigabit is available in our neighborhood. Looking forward to a major speed boost!
:)

Please stand by for a bit, we've got new orders flowing now, but the upgrade process is still in development. It'll be live soon!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by rtalian » Wed Aug 29, 2018 5:54 pm
Hi, Dane.
I'm really looking forward to this. I've checked on AT&T's site, and they only list up to 100Mbps available at my apartment address, but I know someone who had Gigabit in a house across the street. Is there a way to encourage AT&T to extend the Gigabit option? Thanks!
by timyu94 » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:03 pm
dane wrote:
jessieandrob wrote:
Along with this launch, we'll be renaming the FTTN services, all of the AT&T network products will be "Fusion IP Broadband", with X1 and X2 variants (up to 18Mbps, up to 50Mbps), and FX1, FX2 and FX3 (the F is for fiber) at the speed above. Note that X1 and FX1 for example are the same price - residents will be offered whichever one of the two is available.
I assume these are the unchanged old FTTN tiers. If so that's supremely disappointing considering ATT now has higher upload tiers as standard and Sonic to date still can't access or refuse to sell higher tiers (75 / 20 | 100 / 20).
by dane » Thu Aug 30, 2018 10:28 am
timyu94 wrote:I assume these are the unchanged old FTTN tiers. If so that's supremely disappointing considering ATT now has higher upload tiers as standard and Sonic to date still can't access or refuse to sell higher tiers (75 / 20 | 100 / 20).
Our access is via a commercial bulk purchase, and that gives us some limitations - the products don't always match what they are offering in retail. But on the other side, they come with commercial terms, which means no usage caps or overage charges, for example.

We continuously are negotiating for faster services. That's what led us to the 50/50, 100/100 and 1000/1000 IP Broadband service tiers we are launching today. But at this time, we don't have any updates to the existing tiers.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
105 posts Page 4 of 11