Resale of AT&T Fiber Offerings?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
105 posts Page 3 of 11
by MouseRat » Mon Aug 27, 2018 12:13 pm
Great to hear! Would be better, of course, to be served by Sonic-owned fiber, but this is a great interim option while the Sonic network is being built out. Looking forward to more information when available, and hoping that that the price is competitive with AT&T and that Sonic privacy and net-neutrality policies apply.
by kgc » Mon Aug 27, 2018 2:04 pm
This service should be available for new orders in the next day or two and we'll be following up in a week or two with a procedure to upgrade the new available speeds.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
by jessieandrob » Mon Aug 27, 2018 3:58 pm
kgc wrote:This service should be available for new orders in the next day or two and we'll be following up in a week or two with a procedure to upgrade the new available speeds.
Great! Will pricing be available in the next day or two as well?
by dane » Mon Aug 27, 2018 4:07 pm
jessieandrob wrote:
kgc wrote:This service should be available for new orders in the next day or two and we'll be following up in a week or two with a procedure to upgrade the new available speeds.
Here are the three product tiers and prices:

IP Broadband FX1: 50Mbps/50Mbps for $50/mo
IP Broadband FX2: 100Mbps/100Mbps for $70/mo
IP Broadband FX3: 1000Mbps/1000Mbps for $90/mo

All services are symmetric, uncapped and unlimited, and are bundled with unlimited nationwide telephone service. As with the current FTTN services, a modem/WiFi residential gateway ($9.50) and telephone adapter ($6.50) are required.

Along with this launch, we'll be renaming the FTTN services, all of the AT&T network products will be "Fusion IP Broadband", with X1 and X2 variants (up to 18Mbps, up to 50Mbps), and FX1, FX2 and FX3 (the F is for fiber) at the speed above. Note that X1 and FX1 for example are the same price - residents will be offered whichever one of the two is available.

This bears further explanation: at a given location, you won't be offered many products, we simply offer the best available product or family of products in that spot. So if Sonic Fusion Fiber was available, you wouldn't be offered Fusion copper, nor an IP Broadband product of any sort, because they'd all be either slower or more expensive. We've tried to keep things as simple as possible, while delivering the wide array of speeds and networks across our broad market footprint.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gled » Mon Aug 27, 2018 5:05 pm
Luckily went here just before placing an order of fusion FFTN x2 at 50m.

AT&T is offering me 100Mpbs, so that means I could be eligible for FX2 ( I am in 94596, CA ).

Should I wait for that offer to be available through Sonic or still order FTTN x2 at 50Mbps hoping to upgrade ASAP ? What do you think ?
by dane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:05 am
gled wrote:Luckily went here just before placing an order of fusion FFTN x2 at 50m.

AT&T is offering me 100Mpbs, so that means I could be eligible for FX2 ( I am in 94596, CA ).

Should I wait for that offer to be available through Sonic or still order FTTN x2 at 50Mbps hoping to upgrade ASAP ? What do you think ?
If you're a new customer, I believe you should be able to order the IP Broadband FX products by phone today. (They go live on the website today or tomorrow.)

Existing customers will need to wait a few weeks, as upgrade capabilities are being integrated into our Member Tools platform.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Ney Fusion2X Cust » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:09 am
Wow ! On the one hand it is nice that you have figured out a way to provide faster service to your customers who are being held hostage by AT&T. But really now, this is a betrayal of the price/performance promises made when we originally signed up for FTTH by accepting copper DSL Fusion 2X while waiting for you to deliver. Fiber speed pricing tiers are in effect a betrayal of your promise not to cap speeds, so bye-bye Net Neutrality. The data pipe provides 1000 Mbps up and down but you will be throttling it down to 100 or 50 depending on what we are willing to pay monthly over and above our original agreement. This is not the Sonic we were introduced to. I understand your tech/business problem, but from our perspective this is Bait and Switch, no other way to describe our experience.

dane wrote:
jessieandrob wrote:
Here are the three product tiers and prices:

IP Broadband FX1: 50Mbps/50Mbps for $50/mo
IP Broadband FX2: 100Mbps/100Mbps for $70/mo
IP Broadband FX3: 1000Mbps/1000Mbps for $90/mo

All services are symmetric, uncapped and unlimited, and are bundled with unlimited nationwide telephone service. As with the current FTTN services, a modem/WiFi residential gateway ($9.50) and telephone adapter ($6.50) are required.

Along with this launch, we'll be renaming the FTTN services, all of the AT&T network products will be "Fusion IP Broadband", with X1 and X2 variants (up to 18Mbps, up to 50Mbps), and FX1, FX2 and FX3 (the F is for fiber) at the speed above. Note that X1 and FX1 for example are the same price - residents will be offered whichever one of the two is available.

This bears further explanation: at a given location, you won't be offered many products, we simply offer the best available product or family of products in that spot. So if Sonic Fusion Fiber was available, you wouldn't be offered Fusion copper, nor an IP Broadband product of any sort, because they'd all be either slower or more expensive. We've tried to keep things as simple as possible, while delivering the wide array of speeds and networks across our broad market footprint.
by JDL » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:27 am
This is great news. I am looking forward to upgrading from FTTNx2 to the 100/100 tier. AT&T shows this service tier available at my address, but the Sonic tool still only shows FTTN so I will check back in a couple days.

Can I call to get on a list for the upgrade?
by dane » Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:55 am
Ney Fusion2X Cust wrote:Wow ! On the one hand it is nice that you have figured out a way to provide faster service to your customers who are being held hostage by AT&T. But really now, this is a betrayal of the price/performance promises made when we originally signed up for FTTH by accepting copper DSL Fusion 2X while waiting for you to deliver. Fiber speed pricing tiers are in effect a betrayal of your promise not to cap speeds, so bye-bye Net Neutrality. The data pipe provides 1000 Mbps up and down but you will be throttling it down to 100 or 50 depending on what we are willing to pay monthly over and above our original agreement. This is not the Sonic we were introduced to. I understand your tech/business problem, but from our perspective this is Bait and Switch, no other way to describe our experience.
Yes, for the resold AT&T IP Broadband products, we do not control the speeds or prices. These services are as an option for those who would prefer to work directly with Sonic instead of AT&T, while waiting for Sonic fiber.

For our Fusion copper and fiber services that utilize our own network, we can control product design and policies, and that's really where we'd like to see all of our customers in the long run. That's why we're expanding our fiber footprint every day!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by gled » Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:16 pm
dane wrote:
gled wrote:Luckily went here just before placing an order of fusion FFTN x2 at 50m.

If you're a new customer, I believe you should be able to order the IP Broadband FX products by phone today. (They go live on the website today or tomorrow.)

Existing customers will need to wait a few weeks, as upgrade capabilities are being integrated into our Member Tools platform.
Thank you ! :)

I just tried, and it seems like AT&T API is returning only x2 max for my location, no FX2.
Weird as I can get the 100Mbps directly from them.

I wonder if I should order from them and then terminate the service right away to force an update of their database ?
105 posts Page 3 of 11