Resale of AT&T Fiber Offerings?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
93 posts Page 1 of 10
by jessieandrob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:16 pm
Figured this would be best for its own thread. I've read here that Sonic is trying to work out a process to resell AT&T Fiber, similar to the FTTN service. Has there been any progress on this? Is there an ETA for when other Sonic customers in AT&T Fiber areas will be able to purchase this from Sonic?

Thanks!
by dane » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:24 pm
Yes, we are working on this. We don’t have a precise launch date at this point, but clearly it’s a huge priority for us, so we are working on this daily.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by jessieandrob » Wed Jul 25, 2018 8:14 pm
dane wrote:
Yes, we are working on this. We don’t have a precise launch date at this point, but clearly it’s a huge priority for us, so we are working on this daily.


thank you for the update, much appreciated!
by travlos » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:21 pm
I'll put in another vote for Sonic being able to resell ATT Fiber!

We just had our service installed by a very nice and efficient ATT Tech and imagine my surprise when he said, "I'm here to install your fiber connection"! We were due for FTTNx2.

I can hardly wait for Sonic gigabit even if it does use ATT infrastructure.

Cheers!
Tony
by dane » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:41 pm
travlos wrote:
I'll put in another vote for Sonic being able to resell ATT Fiber!

We just had our service installed by a very nice and efficient ATT Tech and imagine my surprise when he said, "I'm here to install your fiber connection"! We were due for FTTNx2.

I can hardly wait for Sonic gigabit even if it does use ATT infrastructure.

Cheers!
Tony


I hear from the team here that we've got about sixteen test orders in flight right now, so as those complete we'll shake out any integration issues, then launch for consumers - so, coming soon!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by timyu94 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:23 pm
dane wrote:
travlos wrote:
I'll put in another vote for Sonic being able to resell ATT Fiber!

We just had our service installed by a very nice and efficient ATT Tech and imagine my surprise when he said, "I'm here to install your fiber connection"! We were due for FTTNx2.

I can hardly wait for Sonic gigabit even if it does use ATT infrastructure.

Cheers!
Tony


I hear from the team here that we've got about sixteen test orders in flight right now, so as those complete we'll shake out any integration issues, then launch for consumers - so, coming soon!


Woooo!

Presumably that'll also be good news for the higher FTTN tiers too since you acquired access to their fiber?
by JDL » Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:02 pm
Excellent news! ATT says I can get their 100/100 fiber service but I would much rather buy through Sonic, even for a price premium. Please let me know if I can be a test customer!
by dane » Wed Aug 01, 2018 10:27 am
JDL wrote:
Excellent news! ATT says I can get their 100/100 fiber service but I would much rather buy through Sonic, even for a price premium. Please let me know if I can be a test customer!


Yep, you'll see products at up to 1000Mbps.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by JDL » Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:27 am
Nice. Can you share an idea of timeline? Are you looking at some offerings in the next quarter, or are you thinking more like mid to late 2019?
by vsilverman1 » Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:49 pm
We are in the same boat in Oakland. Just got ftth from the ATT installer. I'd love to get fiber speeds from sonic and happy to be a tester . . .

Victor
93 posts Page 1 of 10

Who is online

In total there are 8 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 422 on Sat May 26, 2012 5:28 am

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 7 guests