question about switching to Fusion from Megapath

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
9 posts Page 1 of 1
by jason » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:27 pm
I'm currently with Megapath for DSL (formerly Covad) and I'm thinking about switching to Sonic for Fusion. Since I already have DSL coming in on my line do I have to cancel that before getting Fusion installed/set up, or can Sonic set me up even though Megapath is using the line?
by dane » Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:50 pm
No, while with AT&T phone and DSL service we can take the in-service line with a brief interruption, if you have another carrier (or standalone, or UVerse, or cable), you will order new service and a new loop will be delivered. Unfortunately this means a technician visit and a $75 fee for that installation - AT&T land-line customers save this amount when they switch because it's a self-installation.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Jason » Thu Jun 21, 2012 3:21 pm
I do have AT&T phone service, but I'm not using them for DSL, instead I have Covad/Megapath for that.
by jware » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:28 pm
I went ahead and placed my order. My Megapath contract ends July 20 and I want to have enough time for a smooth transition (well, as smooth as possible). I'm fine with a truck roll if it's needed.
by dane » Fri Jun 22, 2012 11:39 am
Jason wrote:I do have AT&T phone service, but I'm not using them for DSL, instead I have Covad/Megapath for that.
If you have AT&T phone service, you'd be switching that to Fusion - and it would be delivered on that existing line. This avoids the technician dispatch and associated cost.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jware » Mon Jun 25, 2012 10:28 pm
dane wrote:
Jason wrote:I do have AT&T phone service, but I'm not using them for DSL, instead I have Covad/Megapath for that.
If you have AT&T phone service, you'd be switching that to Fusion - and it would be delivered on that existing line. This avoids the technician dispatch and associated cost.
Excellent! Thanks for the response.
by jacky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 1:35 pm
I have AT&T home phone and U-verse internet. I would like to keep my AT&T home phone service,
so can I get the new phone number from Fusion service.
by dane » Wed Jun 27, 2012 3:00 pm
jacky wrote:I have AT&T home phone and U-verse internet. I would like to keep my AT&T home phone service,
Yes, if you just order new Fusion service to your address, you will be delivered a new pair and will select a new telephone number to go with it.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jacky » Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:14 pm
dane wrote:
jacky wrote:I have AT&T home phone and U-verse internet. I would like to keep my AT&T home phone service,
Yes, if you just order new Fusion service to your address, you will be delivered a new pair and will select a new telephone number to go with it.
Thank you... I will order it.
9 posts Page 1 of 1