Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 7 of 64
by cmeisel » Wed Oct 24, 2018 2:40 pm
I hope there will be an update soon on where things are. As I said I see some sonic trucks down the hill and I did see it took ATT only a few days to move fiber all the way up the hill but those were more crews than I have seen (some third party). I do worry that sonic might be months away from our area (Avenida drive) rather than 4-6 weeks.
I hope the updates will narrow this down a little. It is closer to week or are we talking 3 month, 6 month, more ?
by glemieux » Thu Oct 25, 2018 12:56 pm
seralat wrote:Wondering where we stand on installation dates in Poet's Corner, the area South of University, bounded by San Pablo Ave, Sacramento St., and Dwight Way? Last communication still said installs were due in October, but that seems unlikely now.
I'm in Poet's Corner as well (Channing near San Pablo) and I'd love an update as well. Haven't heard any updates since August I think.
by igorru » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:29 pm
Hoping to hear an official word from Dane as well.

I posted an informal update a few days ago about a public works construction permit that is holding up Sonic. Here's a link to my post:
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=5175&p=40851#p40851
by dane » Fri Oct 26, 2018 9:42 am
Still waiting on necessary permits.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by cmeisel » Tue Oct 30, 2018 11:45 pm
Ok so my comcast is causing issues and directv is getting too pricey. I want sonic and wait but at the same time I can now get att fiber and tv for the same price as what we pay directv. So let me ask a question that should be easy to answer (at least best guess.)
What are my chances to have sonic fiber at my address up and running by the end of this year ?

20%
50%
70%
90%

Same question for March 2019

If at this point sonic can’t feel 90% sure that fiber will be up and running by March 2019 then it might not be there. People are overall happy to wait but ATT is now offering special deals for neighborhoods that sign up as well which might cause people to jump ship. Even I am debating it. I assume this week we will get the promised detailed status update and that should tell us more.

Thanks
by dane » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:23 am
We're still waiting on Berkeley to issue some key permits, resulting in a conservative estimate of February 26th. But we are working to push this up, so please stick with us!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by cmeisel » Thu Nov 01, 2018 2:36 pm
I have no plans yet to give up but support told me that while Berkeley was scheduled for Feb 2019, my section was much earlier but of course no indication. If you would message me and give any details (if there are any) great. Order number is #644417

thanks
by dane » Thu Nov 01, 2018 3:35 pm
cmeisel wrote:I have no plans yet to give up but support told me that while Berkeley was scheduled for Feb 2019, my section was much earlier but of course no indication. If you would message me and give any details (if there are any) great. Order number is #644417

thanks
That February date is the best info we have at this point. I believe we are making some progress now on the permit issues, so hopefully, we'll meet or beat that date.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by alxyang24 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:47 pm
bryanhaggerty wrote:Dane, what exactly does that mean for those of us in that region? MLK has always seemed like the dividing line due to underground utilities. What is slowing down this region from being turned on?

Also cool of you to share the exact details, appreciate the transparency with that.
Apparently we may be connected to Albany CO since it seems we are now live?

Hopefully you got the were almost ready email in the last few weeks and the email that was just sent out today, but it seems Sonic is scheduling out installs now for our "FDA", I just scheduled mine for Mid November, can't wait to give Comcast the boot!
by aanon4 » Thu Nov 01, 2018 4:54 pm
alxyang24 wrote:
bryanhaggerty wrote:Dane, what exactly does that mean for those of us in that region? MLK has always seemed like the dividing line due to underground utilities. What is slowing down this region from being turned on?

Also cool of you to share the exact details, appreciate the transparency with that.
Apparently we may be connected to Albany CO since it seems we are now live?

Hopefully you got the were almost ready email in the last few weeks and the email that was just sent out today, but it seems Sonic is scheduling out installs now for our "FDA", I just scheduled mine for Mid November, can't wait to give Comcast the boot!
Wondered what FDA you were in? I got the "almost there" email this morning ... but I often get those.
640 posts Page 7 of 64