Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 59 of 64
by jimmyranfaz » Sat Aug 24, 2019 7:02 pm
Near Berkeley Bowl West....been waiting since a year. not even close :(
by spamajama » Fri Aug 30, 2019 1:03 pm
Got the email to schedule the install today! First available date for install is Oct 1, and email says they'll come by to do the drop before that.

King St. at Woolsey.
by gmg » Mon Sep 02, 2019 12:46 am
Whooo-hooo! Been away from the forums for a while, but I am happy to report that the 1900 block of Oregon St seems to be going live! I got my installation email on 8/20 and am currently scheduled to have sonic installed on 9/18. Hopefully that's a firm date. Getting excited to finally be rid of comcast (internet) and att (phone)!

Note to manfrin (if you're still on the forums) - Yes, I'm your neighbor. Next door neighbor in fact (west side of your house).
by Hoowzer » Mon Sep 02, 2019 9:36 am
WestBerkeleyPlz wrote:Guys I'm dying here. Comcast is killing me slowly and I've been resisting signing a new contract in hopes that Sonic is around the corner. I'm coming up on one year since my pre-order. In West Berkeley (10th and Grayson)... plz send help.

Same here, we're likely neighbors. Sonic actually cancelled my preorder several months ago saying they aren't coming out here until PG&E replaces the poles and PG&E is stating they have no plans to change the poles. I'm waiting for Common networks to come out here now since the limiting factor is that sonic piggybacks off of the infrastructure from others. Common just places a satellite on your roof and you get close to gig speeds.
by chris.w » Mon Sep 02, 2019 4:37 pm
Saturday was Drop Day on my block of Jefferson Ave: a Sonic crew showed up to install drops. One of the installers told me that Sonic had 11 drops scheduled on my block alone! Pretty good market penetration, right out of the gate.

Dane always urges us to tell our neighbors about Sonic gigabit fiber. I’ve been spreading the word and plan to continue, but at least on my block, I may be preaching to the choir.
by racker » Thu Sep 05, 2019 12:14 pm
Multiple trucks rolling here at FDA 51C, so hope springs eternal
by igorru » Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:05 pm
Woohoo! Got my service upgraded (installed) today in the FDA29A. Very nice tech did a clean install exactly how I wanted him to do it. It was a pleasure to work with him.

by racker15 » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:38 am
wow installed on sunday?
by igorru » Mon Sep 16, 2019 9:58 am
Yes, they have install appointments every day of the week.
by WestBerkeleyPlz » Wed Sep 18, 2019 3:24 pm
I just got this email!
SONIC GIGABIT FIBER INTERNET + HOME PHONE IS NOW AVAILABLE IN YOUR AREA!
Since you've already pre-ordered service (and are a genuinely wonderful human being), we have begun processing your order and will send you email updates periodically.

Here's what happens next:

*Scheduling your installation: We have a couple steps we need to complete before we schedule your installation. As soon as we're ready to schedule, we'll contact you. Typically, installations are scheduled 1-14 days from the time we begin processing your order. After successful installation, your home or small business internet and phone service will be up and running.
Is this a typical/normal/common email? From previous posts in this thread, it sounds like people usually get an email and were able to schedule installation immediately thereafter?
640 posts Page 59 of 64