Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 54 of 64
by lefish » Thu Jul 25, 2019 8:03 am
ChrisW wrote:And now, FDA 26B is going live. That leaves only 27B and 27C to go.
Congrats Chris. What’s the lead time on installations at this point?
by ChrisW » Thu Jul 25, 2019 9:43 am
lefish wrote:
ChrisW wrote:And now, FDA 26B is going live. That leaves only 27B and 27C to go.
Congrats Chris. What’s the lead time on installations at this point?
If only. I’m in 27C.

Driving by in the morning, I saw a bucket truck at Bancroft and Grant with a crewman working on the cabinet. When I checked the FDA in the afternoon, the availability tool had switched from pre-order to fiber.

Our turns will come, and I’ll certainly post when I get notified.
by lefish » Tue Jul 30, 2019 10:42 am
Looks like FDA 27-B is live! I didn't get the magic email (yet), but Member Tools -> upgrade service changed and now lets me upgrade, order the desired router, and schedule installation!

Earliest installation date at this point is 8/28 (4 weeks). Curious if 27-C is also live now?
by ChrisW » Tue Jul 30, 2019 11:15 am
lefish wrote:Looks like FDA 27-B is live! I didn't get the magic email (yet), but Member Tools -> upgrade service changed and now lets me upgrade, order the desired router, and schedule installation!

Earliest installation date at this point is 8/28 (4 weeks). Curious if 27-C is also live now?
Congratulations!
27-C isn’t live, yet, but then, 27-B was still taking pre-orders as recently as yesterday. I expect it’ll happen soon enough—maybe even within the week, who knows?
by racker » Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:43 pm
You folks talking about this is just making me more impatient!
by igorru » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:20 pm
Yesterday and today they've been working on splicing the 28A, 29A, and 29B cabinets. Looks like 28B is all done.
by ChrisW » Tue Jul 30, 2019 2:52 pm
igorru wrote:Yesterday and today they've been working on splicing the 28A, 29A, and 29B cabinets. Looks like 28B is all done.
Where are those four cabinets located?
by igorru » Tue Jul 30, 2019 3:16 pm
Poets corner
by ChrisW » Wed Jul 31, 2019 8:51 am
I hadn’t been following progress west of Sacramento up to now.

Before this latest flurry of activity, did the cables end in unterminated aerial loops near the cabinets, and now they’re being (or have been) spliced into the cabinets and generally tidied up?
by igorru » Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:42 am
Yes, that's correct. They have been hanging in loops next to cabinets for about 2+ months now. 28B doesn't have any loops left next to it and all the cables are now neatly going into the LCP from the bottom, so it looks to be completed. 28A, 29A, and 29B had some of the loops spliced into the cabinets but still have some left hanging.
640 posts Page 54 of 64