Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 30 of 64
by Zandr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:41 am
dane wrote: Should be live now, that fiber distribution area went active last Thursday, and you should get an invite to schedule your upgrade any day. That email will invite you to visit the Member tool, here: https://members.sonic.net/connections/serviceupdate/
I noticed yesterday that the member tool was offering an upgrade to the 2Gb/s service. Tempting though that is, 1Gb/s will do. But I don't see a way to order that at the moment. No email yet, so I sent an email to support this morning asking if we are actually live and how to schedule an install.
by ds_sonic_asif » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:58 am
Hello Dane,

Can you provide any update on service for the 1000 block of Creston Road?

Thank you.
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 1:24 pm
Zandr wrote:
dane wrote: Should be live now, that fiber distribution area went active last Thursday, and you should get an invite to schedule your upgrade any day. That email will invite you to visit the Member tool, here: https://members.sonic.net/connections/serviceupdate/
I noticed yesterday that the member tool was offering an upgrade to the 2Gb/s service. Tempting though that is, 1Gb/s will do. But I don't see a way to order that at the moment. No email yet, so I sent an email to support this morning asking if we are actually live and how to schedule an install.
This is because the current service is set up as a business premise, rather than residential. If it is a residence, they should be able to adjust that for you.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Zandr » Mon Mar 11, 2019 2:23 pm
dane wrote:This is because the current service is set up as a business premise, rather than residential. If it is a residence, they should be able to adjust that for you.
Ah, probably an echo of when I had bonded Fusion DSL. I'll call sales, then.

Thanks again!
-Zandr
by racker » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:42 pm
I would love an update on the 2400 block on Eighth St (between Dwight and Channing) in West Berkeley. One of the 1.5 year reservations! Saw one of the 'comment posters' on a pole nearby last November
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 3:53 pm
racker wrote:I would love an update on the 2400 block on Eighth St (between Dwight and Channing) in West Berkeley. One of the 1.5 year reservations! Saw one of the 'comment posters' on a pole nearby last November
This is one where there is substantial uncertainty - we still do not have permits to complete it. As a result, our team has pushed the expected date back to a guess of 8/19/2019, but that's really just a guess, because we don't know when the permit will be issued. I'm sorry we can't be more accurate on this, and that we've got this ongoing delay.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by lefish » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:03 pm
You're on a roll today Dane!

A month or so ago you indicated that FDA 27-B was slated to go live on 4/5/19. Is that still the plan? I'm on the 2400 block of Jefferson between Channing & Dwight.

Thanks for all you do!
David
by jonathanwadams » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:19 pm
Dane, do you have an update for 1200 block of Derby St, 94702, at Matthews? Is it stuck in the West Berkeley morass?

Thanks in advance for your time,
- Jonathan
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:27 pm
jonathanwadams wrote:Dane, do you have an update for 1200 block of Derby St, 94702, at Matthews? Is it stuck in the West Berkeley morass?

Thanks in advance for your time,
- Jonathan
Yep, afraid so. Our internal systems suggest 6/18/2019, but that's subject to delay because it's awaiting permits. We'll get it completed just as rapidly as we can!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by jonathanwadams » Mon Mar 11, 2019 5:35 pm
Thanks for the update! Very helpful!

Cheers,
Jonathan
640 posts Page 30 of 64