Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 61 of 64
by none » Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:21 pm
Why isn't newbury st in south berkeley getting fiber? Literally every street around us is but for some reason there's a giant hole at Newbury???
by dane » Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:08 pm
none wrote:Why isn't newbury st in south berkeley getting fiber? Literally every street around us is but for some reason there's a giant hole at Newbury???
I've responded to this in the other thread that you posted.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by racker » Thu Oct 03, 2019 9:08 am
Hey Sonic / Dane; a 1+ year preorder future customer in FDA 51C here. There was a flurry of activity at 8th and Channing last week and I was hopeful that we would go live anytime, but still waiting. Any hope for activation soon, or has there been a serious hiccup?
by dane » Thu Oct 03, 2019 12:54 pm
racker wrote:Hey Sonic / Dane; a 1+ year preorder future customer in FDA 51C here. There was a flurry of activity at 8th and Channing last week and I was hopeful that we would go live anytime, but still waiting. Any hope for activation soon, or has there been a serious hiccup?
There are only four FDAs in the entire region that are still pending activation, and these two, 51B/C should come up next. Then the final two, down at the border with and in Emeryville. Should all be done soon!

The issue now is completing the massive backlog of drops and installations! We're booked out four to six weeks in most locations, sorry to say. We'll catch up, but it'll take some time.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by racker » Thu Oct 03, 2019 2:29 pm
Thanks for your response Dane! Almost there
by racker » Thu Oct 10, 2019 8:34 pm
Comcast bill just went up 50%! Quick, save me Sonic!!
by racker » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:57 pm
Right on time, my FDA is now online!
by dane » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:02 pm
racker wrote:Right on time, my FDA is now online!
Boom! ;)

Only two Berkeley FDAs and one in Emeryville are still in progress - then the region is complete.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Hoowzer » Sat Oct 12, 2019 8:35 pm
What about West Berkeley on Grayson/San Pablo?

No one has provided an updated on West Berkeley. Any updates to share?
by dane » Wed Oct 16, 2019 11:29 am
Hoowzer wrote:What about West Berkeley on Grayson/San Pablo?

No one has provided an updated on West Berkeley. Any updates to share?
Most of that region is now online, with just one FDA remaining. If you've got a pre-order in place in that FDA, I'd expect you'll see it come online pretty soon.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
640 posts Page 61 of 64