Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 58 of 64
by alecf » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:27 pm
So I've been waiting on MLK for months.. Sonic put a box up on a pole at MLK & Stuart and it sat empty for a month or so.. but then about a week and a half ago there were a couple of workers, two trucks, and the box looks all wired up!

I'm on the other side (west side) of MLK - how long does it usually take from a box being fully wired up to service going live? Anyone know what FDA that is?
by stuartstlocal » Mon Aug 19, 2019 12:55 pm
alecf wrote:So I've been waiting on MLK for months.. Sonic put a box up on a pole at MLK & Stuart and it sat empty for a month or so.. but then about a week and a half ago there were a couple of workers, two trucks, and the box looks all wired up!

I'm on the other side (west side) of MLK - how long does it usually take from a box being fully wired up to service going live? Anyone know what FDA that is?

32C. I live right near this box and I've been waiting on it for over a year and a half now. Seems like activations are still slowly inching closer.
by chris.w » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:40 am
FDA 27C went live this morning!

@davidbell—Log in to schedule your install.
by stuartstlocal » Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:05 pm
32C live this morning as well. Install scheduled in a month.
by amnster » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:02 am
chris.w wrote:FDA 27C went live this morning!

I'm sorry...How do you log in to schedule? Could you please provide link? Thank you
by chris.w » Wed Aug 21, 2019 4:41 pm
amnster wrote:

I'm sorry...How do you log in to schedule? Could you please provide link? Thank you
Log into your account, look for the “upgrade service” option (maybe a layer or two deep, so poke around until you find it), and then walk through the process.

Or, go to https://www.sonic.com/availability/gigabit, enter your address, and walk through the process, letting it know that you’re a current customer, if you already are.

Or, wait for the email.

Good luck.
by derelyct » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:18 am
Got my notice to set up my appointment. I'm so hyped for this. I'm in the northern end of Poets Corner. I preordered back in November 2017. I have been a very patient man.
by igorru » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:29 am
Ditto. FDA29A has been activated. Scheduled my appointment for Oct 1st, earliest available.
by amnster » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:16 am
chris.w wrote:
amnster wrote:

Log into your account, look for the “upgrade service” option (maybe a layer or two deep, so poke around until you find it), and then walk through the process.

Or, go to https://www.sonic.com/availability/gigabit, enter your address, and walk through the process, letting it know that you’re a current customer, if you already are.

Or, wait for the email.

Good luck.
Thank you
by WestBerkeleyPlz » Fri Aug 23, 2019 11:56 pm
Guys I'm dying here. Comcast is killing me slowly and I've been resisting signing a new contract in hopes that Sonic is around the corner. I'm coming up on one year since my pre-order. In West Berkeley (10th and Grayson)... plz send help.
640 posts Page 58 of 64