Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 38 of 64
by dane » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:49 pm
stuartstlocal wrote:Is FDA 32C a part of the area of Berkeley pending permitting? I thought that we had already completed construction, based on the earlier reports from the GIS system and the Sonic update emails.
Yes, 32C is awaiting permit issuance. The area East of Shattuck is construction complete and almost all FDAs there are now live, plus almost everything North of University -- so in the City as a whole we have made really good progress, but East of Shattuck, we are currently stuck.

But, I want to re-emphasize that we are working closely with City staff and hope to resolve this soon. Please do not contact the City, I believe that would be counter-productive.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Wed Apr 03, 2019 4:56 pm
sanger wrote:Hi Dane. Could you give an update on Gigabit fiber of the 900 block of Evelyn that was skipped over in the initial Albany fiber rollout? I did finally get a pre-order email but no ETA on service availability.

thanks david sanger
Engineering shows it as 8/1/2019, but it's an odd one, so I'll inquire and see if that's still what they think is likely.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ds_sonic_asif » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:14 pm
Hello Dane,

How about the 1000 block of Creston Road?

Thank you.

David
by dane » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:18 pm
ds_sonic_asif wrote:Hello Dane,

How about the 1000 block of Creston Road?

Thank you.

David
That is (oddly) also stuck waiting for the permitting. The reason is that it interconnects to a backbone cable that goes to the main central office just south of the UC campus. And because we can't build anything - including backbone and distribution cable - in the region South of University and East of Shattuck, we cannot activate the fiber in your area, because it will pass through that region. Sorry! Hopefully we'll get it resolved. But note that when we do, there's still a lot of construction to be done, as that whole region has been stalled. Crews have been moved to Northern Oakland, where we have permits, and we will have to swing them back once this is resolved.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by speedy_dsl » Wed Apr 03, 2019 5:27 pm
dane wrote:
@Dane Thanks for letting me know, could you tell me what FDA number 2800 Woolsey Street 94705 is? Thanks
That's in FDA 17, and as you can see from my other posts, we have been activating lots of network nearby, so I expect that'll go live soon!
Good to hear! Thanks!
by sanger » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:28 pm
dane wrote:
sanger wrote:Hi Dane. Could you give an update on Gigabit fiber of the 900 block of Evelyn that was skipped over in the initial Albany fiber rollout? I did finally get a pre-order email but no ETA on service availability.

thanks david sanger
Engineering shows it as 8/1/2019, but it's an odd one, so I'll inquire and see if that's still what they think is likely.
Thanks, please let me know when you find out.

ds
by sanger » Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:48 am
dane wrote: Engineering shows it as 8/1/2019, but it's an odd one, so I'll inquire and see if that's still what they think is likely.
LOL, they showed up to hang the cable this morning

ds
by dane » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:31 pm
sanger wrote:
dane wrote: Engineering shows it as 8/1/2019, but it's an odd one, so I'll inquire and see if that's still what they think is likely.
LOL, they showed up to hang the cable this morning

ds
I think I replied in another thread - but while this is critical progress, that cable will unfortunately be a road to nowhere until we're able to get through SW Berkeley - so the date is really unknown at this point.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Thu Apr 04, 2019 2:36 pm
FDA 21B just went live!

FDA 21B: Warring St, Piedmont Ave, and Etna St from Dwight Way to Derby St. Haste St from College Ave to Piedmont Cl. Dwight Way from Etna St to Hillside Ave. Derby St from College Ave to Warring St.

Have a great day!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by sanger » Thu Apr 04, 2019 3:14 pm
I don't understand. What does Albany have to do with SW Berkeley?

Will switch this convo to the Albany Fiber thread
640 posts Page 38 of 64