Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 44 of 64
by dane » Mon Apr 29, 2019 8:04 pm
Sorry, I assumed you were in Berkeley. We’re also fully engaged in construction in Oakland, which was also affected by City permitting challenges - both from Oakland, but for the Western portion, a dependency on Berkeley due to the backbone route to the central office being via Berkeley. But the Oakland permit issue was resolved a couple months back and we were able to get it kicked off, and now that Berkeley is also moving again, we won’t end up with stranded network either, that’s key.

This stuff is far harder and more complex than you’d imagine.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by glemieux » Tue Apr 30, 2019 3:04 pm
Hoowzer wrote:My Sonic preorder was cancelled in West Berkeley because Sonic stated they could not build. (Corner of Grayson and San Pablo).

With these new developments does this mean Sonic is once again building to provide us in West Berkeley with gig internet?
Dane, I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem for those of us in Poet's Corner, even those of us who are getting service from poles? I'm on Channing between Byron and San Pablo. Any insight would be appreciated!
by dane » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:54 pm
glemieux wrote:
Hoowzer wrote:My Sonic preorder was cancelled in West Berkeley because Sonic stated they could not build. (Corner of Grayson and San Pablo).

With these new developments does this mean Sonic is once again building to provide us in West Berkeley with gig internet?
Dane, I'm wondering if this is going to be a problem for those of us in Poet's Corner, even those of us who are getting service from poles? I'm on Channing between Byron and San Pablo. Any insight would be appreciated!
I wouldn't expect so.

We sometimes have areas that we expect to serve but when field engineering survey work is completed, they cannot be built, and we must eliminate future coverage. But, that's a very rare occurence, thankfully.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by glemieux » Tue Apr 30, 2019 8:02 pm
Ha! I just noticed this evening a Bronco communications truck working at the corner of Byron and Channing. Can I safely assume that's for Sonic?
by dane » Wed May 01, 2019 6:55 am
glemieux wrote:Ha! I just noticed this evening a Bronco communications truck working at the corner of Byron and Channing. Can I safely assume that's for Sonic?
Yes!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by timrmaurer » Wed May 01, 2019 10:57 am
To my fellow residents of Poet's Corner,

Yesterday a Bronco Communications truck ran fiber along the poles on Acton between Allston and University.

Soon.
by stuartstlocal » Wed May 01, 2019 11:26 am
Continuing to cross fingers that FDA 32C gets fiber soon, but at this rate, I may be moving by the time it gets here. Ha.
by jcq » Wed May 01, 2019 2:37 pm
timrmaurer wrote:To my fellow residents of Poet's Corner,

Yesterday a Bronco Communications truck ran fiber along the poles on Acton between Allston and University.

Soon.
I was very excited to see them after all these many months! Does anyone happen to know which FDA this area of Poet's Corner is? We're on Allston between Acton and Sacramento.

And what are the steps that still remain after the Bronco folks have hung the lines? They still need to come by and add junction/relay boxes to the poles, right? About how long after the lines go up do activations begin?
by dane » Wed May 01, 2019 3:56 pm
FDA 12A just went live!

FDA 12A: Rockwell St from Mystic St to Harwood Ave. Clover Dr and Presley Ave from Chabot Rd to Miles Ave. Miles Ave from Clover Dr to 5776 Miles Ave. Chabot Rd from College Ave to Clover Dr. Ross Ave from Ross Cir to Chabot Rd. Harwood Ave from Ross Ave to College Ave. Auburn Ave and Manoa St from Mystic St to Florio St. Florio St from Auburn Ave to Ross Ave.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Lance » Wed May 01, 2019 10:12 pm
And I just got my email and text to schedule my install. Sweet!
dane wrote:FDA 12A just went live!

FDA 12A: Rockwell St from Mystic St to Harwood Ave. Clover Dr and Presley Ave from Chabot Rd to Miles Ave. Miles Ave from Clover Dr to 5776 Miles Ave. Chabot Rd from College Ave to Clover Dr. Ross Ave from Ross Cir to Chabot Rd. Harwood Ave from Ross Ave to College Ave. Auburn Ave and Manoa St from Mystic St to Florio St. Florio St from Auburn Ave to Ross Ave.
640 posts Page 44 of 64