Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 27 of 64
by Clu42 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 12:08 pm
Wow, I just got the email! Sonic Gigabit Fiber Internet + Home Phone is now available in your area! I'm in the 94705 area, near Dana street and Telegraph Avenue. They say they have to do a fiber test drop before scheduling installation. I'm actually pretty surprised. I was guessing mine was going to go live in April or May. I feel kinda sorry for the techs that have to work out in this rainy weather.
by Huacanacha » Tue Feb 12, 2019 1:10 pm
dane wrote:
omegaxzer0 wrote:Hello Dane,

I was wondering if there is any update regarding 1931 Dwight Way (94704)? I have been on the pre-order list since July 2018 if that helps.

Additionally, purely out of curiosity, which FDA would I belong to?

Thanks
That's in FDA 25B, and it currently has a projected go-live date of 4/1/2019, a bit under two months from now. But dates may change due to permit issues, we can't really provide firm commits for most locations in Berkeley right now while we await permits for some key components.
Ok now the rollout is getting close... that's just two blocks from me! Is 1934 Parker St also in FDA 25B? Or if not is there an update for that address you can share?

Thanks!
by stuartstlocal » Tue Feb 19, 2019 1:21 pm
@Dane

Any way to get a projected date for FDA 32C?
by denisonjohnston » Wed Feb 20, 2019 8:14 am
I signed up over a year ago, and have not gotten any recent updates. Could get an idea when I would get service? I am at 2733 California Street in Berkeley.
by pockymellon » Sat Feb 23, 2019 6:24 pm
My one year anniversary with Sonic fiber in Berkeley is coming up in a few days. It’s been fun. Hang in there all, I see crews working everywhere.
by waveterm » Wed Feb 27, 2019 5:22 pm
Hello,
I'm at 2652 Shasta Road, and I'm wondering what FDA covers me, and if there is any news on completing the build to me. I'd appreciate an update.

Thank you!
by amnster » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:21 pm
Could you please let me know what the ETA is on 3043 Ellis St 94703. I've been living without internet at home for over 6 months now.
by dane » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:35 pm
davidbell wrote: Currently I am with Comcast-- hate it btw. But I like having 290 mbps downloads as it beats 10-20 mbps that come with DSL service. However they are charging 150.00/ mo for internet alone to avoid data caps ( I bought my own modem/ router and don't have TV through Xfinity). It's a huge rip-off; however, I had to agree to update my contract w/ them because without fiber THERE ARE NO ALTERNATIVES if I want that kind of speed (even in America 290 is greater than 20).
I'm really curious about why you needed to re-commit to a Comcast contract..? Why not just let it lapse to month-to-month until Sonic completes construction in your area and delivers?
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:37 pm
Clu42 wrote:Wow, I just got the email! Sonic Gigabit Fiber Internet + Home Phone is now available in your area! I'm in the 94705 area, near Dana street and Telegraph Avenue. They say they have to do a fiber test drop before scheduling installation. I'm actually pretty surprised. I was guessing mine was going to go live in April or May. I feel kinda sorry for the techs that have to work out in this rainy weather.
Did you get connected? :)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Wed Mar 06, 2019 3:42 pm
amnster wrote:Could you please let me know what the ETA is on 3043 Ellis St 94703. I've been living without internet at home for over 6 months now.
Current estimate in our GIS system says 3/8/2019, just two days from now, but I don't know how accurate this is. But, we did just activate the area just to the East of you today, so it may be! Either way, should be very soon! Thank you for your patience, and when it does go live and you've experienced it, please share the news with your neighbors!!

Dane Jasper
Sonic
640 posts Page 27 of 64