Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 62 of 64
by Hoowzer » Wed Oct 16, 2019 1:13 pm
Thanks Dane

My preorder was cancelled roughly a year ago. I called CS and asked for 1032 Grayson Street Berkeley, CA 94710, but they claim nothing on the horizon for Fiber and our address doesn't even show up on their systems (we're new construction).

I don't think any of our neighbors have heard anything as well.
by dane » Thu Oct 17, 2019 12:01 pm
Hoowzer wrote:Thanks Dane

My preorder was cancelled roughly a year ago. I called CS and asked for 1032 Grayson Street Berkeley, CA 94710, but they claim nothing on the horizon for Fiber and our address doesn't even show up on their systems (we're new construction).

The issue seems to be that we cannot build on Grayson because of a pole issue. The pole just East of you appears to need to be replaced - and until that's done, no new utility can deploy anything there. It's this pole: https://goo.gl/maps/a3wZ5tNTjbRKxKv2A

(And yes, we also don't have your address in our system because it's new construction, but that's not the cause of the issue. Our nearest fiber is on 10th Street, but on Grayson we had to stop about two blocks West of you due to pole issues.)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by miss_katrina_kaos » Fri Oct 18, 2019 5:22 am
Hi, any news about the 1800 block of Alcatraz?

That's in the Lorin district between MLK/Adeline on one side and Dover st on the other.

I've seen work going on nearby but still nothing with only dsl available.
by Hoowzer » Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:06 am
dane wrote:
Hoowzer wrote:Thanks Dane

The issue seems to be that we cannot build on Grayson because of a pole issue. The pole just East of you appears to need to be replaced - and until that's done, no new utility can deploy anything there. It's this pole: https://goo.gl/maps/a3wZ5tNTjbRKxKv2A

(And yes, we also don't have your address in our system because it's new construction, but that's not the cause of the issue. Our nearest fiber is on 10th Street, but on Grayson we had to stop about two blocks West of you due to pole issues.)

Thanks Dane this is helpful context. A few months ago we had crews out here and they replaced that pole you specifically highlighted on the Google maps link. When I spoke to the PG&E crew they mentioned they were replacing that pole in anticipation for a new condo complex that was opening just across the street. Does this change anything from Sonic's side to move forward?
by dane » Mon Oct 21, 2019 11:00 am
Hoowzer wrote: Thanks Dane this is helpful context. A few months ago we had crews out here and they replaced that pole you specifically highlighted on the Google maps link. When I spoke to the PG&E crew they mentioned they were replacing that pole in anticipation for a new condo complex that was opening just across the street. Does this change anything from Sonic's side to move forward?
Yes, that's helpful. We don't generally receive notice of pole reinforcements or replacements for quite some time, so it's good to know. I'll add this info to our team's queue for a future in-fill project when time allows.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 2:55 pm
The Berkeley / Emeryville and North Oakland project is nearly complete, with two new FDAs activated in the last week, number 46 and 51B. Just one remaining before the project is wrapped up.

FDA 46 is in Emeryville south of 53rd St to 45th St and east of San Pablo Ave to Adeline St.

FDA 51B is in Berkeley, from Dwight Way south to Carleton St it runs between 7th St and 9th St. From Carleton St south to Potter St it runs between the Union Pacific railroad (Berkeley Aquatic Park) and 9th St.

Please do tell a neighbor, quickly! We are getting really booked up with installations, out to four to six weeks today, so if folks want service soon, they should order and schedule ASAP!

We appreciate your referrals to your neighbors, Yelp, Nextdoor, Facebook, neighborhood email lists, etc. Thank you!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by kyle.depasquale » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:19 pm
dane wrote:The Berkeley / Emeryville and North Oakland project is nearly complete, with two new FDAs activated in the last week, number 46 and 51B. Just one remaining before the project is wrapped up.
Any chance there will be information coming soon about further East Bay expansion?
by dane » Wed Oct 23, 2019 3:27 pm
kyle.depasquale wrote:
dane wrote:The Berkeley / Emeryville and North Oakland project is nearly complete, with two new FDAs activated in the last week, number 46 and 51B. Just one remaining before the project is wrapped up.
Any chance there will be information coming soon about further East Bay expansion?
Nothing to announce yet, but we are expanding all around the Bay Area. =)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by mahmood357 » Fri Oct 25, 2019 1:44 pm
Man, I finally got my install scheduled in Berkeley (9th and Addison) and the earliest open date was December 18. It's going to be a long month and a half...
by dane » Fri Oct 25, 2019 2:52 pm
mahmood357 wrote:Man, I finally got my install scheduled in Berkeley (9th and Addison) and the earliest open date was December 18. It's going to be a long month and a half...
We do have more staff coming online in the next few weeks, which will result in more calendar slots opening up. So, you can click the same link you used previously to schedule to see if an earlier slot becomes available. (Sorry, there's no good automatic way to do that!)

https://twitter.com/dane/status/1187110 ... 94658?s=20
Dane Jasper
Sonic
640 posts Page 62 of 64