Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 29 of 64
by neha » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:49 am
dane wrote:
amnster wrote:Could you please let me know what the ETA is on 3043 Ellis St 94703. I've been living without internet at home for over 6 months now.
Current estimate in our GIS system says 3/8/2019, just two days from now, but I don't know how accurate this is. But, we did just activate the area just to the East of you today, so it may be! Either way, should be very soon! Thank you for your patience, and when it does go live and you've experienced it, please share the news with your neighbors!!

We are in the apartment complex in the middle of the top edge of the map (Shattuck and Virginia). The rest of our block has been activated, but not us. Are apartment complexes not part of the current push?

(We got on the pre-order list in August 2018, which required us to provide an address, and received a confirmation, but no updates since).
by none_given » Sat Mar 09, 2019 2:16 pm
Dane what do you show for 2918 Newbury St 94703
by Gabe » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:26 pm
I live in an apartment at 2079 Delaware St. How long until we can expect Sonic internet to become available for us? I pre-ordered it more than a year ago, in February 2018. It has been exciting to see Sonic vans in the neighborhood but without any concrete updates besides the regular bill of $0, I feel pretty forgotten.
by Zandr » Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:04 am
Has to be getting very close for Telegraph and Ashby. On Friday, a crew installed a drop on the other side of Ashby between Fulton and Wheeler. The house is on the north side of Ashby, and I'm on the south, but the poles are on my side of the street.

Is there a new target date for 2300 Ashby available?

Thanks,
-Zandr
by jappelman » Mon Mar 11, 2019 9:46 am
Dane - how about just across the Oakland border, Fairview St between Shattuck and Wheeler? Is Oakland on a different timeline from adjacent neighborhoods in Berkeley? I’ve been seeing Sonic trucks just a few blocks away in Berkeley the last few weeks, hoping that means we’ll be activated soon.

Thanks!
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:05 am
jappelman wrote:Dane - how about just across the Oakland border, Fairview St between Shattuck and Wheeler? Is Oakland on a different timeline from adjacent neighborhoods in Berkeley? I’ve been seeing Sonic trucks just a few blocks away in Berkeley the last few weeks, hoping that means we’ll be activated soon.

Thanks!
Yep, we've activated the region in Berkeley just to the North of you - that's neato, I hadn't realized we'd reached the Oakland border yet. It's just that one region, but good to see the progress. On the Oakland side though, current estimate is 5/23/2019, a couple months out. I'm guessing that related to central office interconnection and activation, but I don't have the details.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:16 am
neha wrote: We are in the apartment complex in the middle of the top edge of the map (Shattuck and Virginia). The rest of our block has been activated, but not us. Are apartment complexes not part of the current push?
I'm afraid I've got some bad news: I looked into this, and it appears that your apartment building has underground utilities, and apparently they did not place (or, we could not find) any extra conduit to allow for future utilities. This is pretty normal; buildings put in conduit for AT&T and Comcast, but that's all that's required so that's all they place. This leaves tenants stuck with just those options. Sorry!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:22 am
Zandr wrote:Has to be getting very close for Telegraph and Ashby. On Friday, a crew installed a drop on the other side of Ashby between Fulton and Wheeler. The house is on the north side of Ashby, and I'm on the south, but the poles are on my side of the street.

Is there a new target date for 2300 Ashby available?

Thanks,
-Zandr
Should be live now, that fiber distribution area went active last Thursday, and you should get an invite to schedule your upgrade any day. That email will invite you to visit the Member tool, here: https://members.sonic.net/connections/serviceupdate/
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:31 am
Gabe wrote:I live in an apartment at 2079 Delaware St. How long until we can expect Sonic internet to become available for us? I pre-ordered it more than a year ago, in February 2018. It has been exciting to see Sonic vans in the neighborhood but without any concrete updates besides the regular bill of $0, I feel pretty forgotten.
Your region was activated in January, but we are still working with building ownership/management there on the installation process and access agreement approved. There are three tenants so far waiting on service, so we are hopeful we will get that completed and can get underway soon! Sometimes it can take building owners some time to review and respond, so I'm sorry about the delay!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Mon Mar 11, 2019 11:33 am
none_given wrote:Dane what do you show for 2918 Newbury St 94703
I don't see a pending order, but I'd guess that's because you've been unable to place one because that address it outside of our current build in the region. We're always working to expand coverage, so hopefully we'll be able to get there eventually!
Dane Jasper
Sonic
640 posts Page 29 of 64