Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 45 of 64
by kevincrawford » Thu May 02, 2019 9:58 am
Any further updates for service in West Berkeley? I'm on Ashby between Sacramento and San Pablo.
It's been close to a year since I put in my initial pre-order.
Is there anything us residents can so to speed up the process? :|
by dane » Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm
kevincrawford wrote:Any further updates for service in West Berkeley? I'm on Ashby between Sacramento and San Pablo.
It's been close to a year since I put in my initial pre-order.
Is there anything us residents can so to speed up the process? :|
Construction is back underway now, after a substantial permitting delay. Sorry for the slow delivery, we worked to argue the case as rapidly as we could have.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by dane » Thu May 02, 2019 3:23 pm
FDA 7 just went live!

FDA 7: 61st St from MLK Jr Way to Telegraph Ave. Poirier St from Shattuck Ave to Dover St. Dover St from Poirier St to 61st St. 62nd St from Shattuck Ave to Telegraph Ave.

=)
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by lefish » Thu May 02, 2019 9:25 pm
For those interested, the LCP for FDA 27C went up today on the pole at California/Allston. Hopefully 27B at California and Bancroft will follow shortly. Also saw crews installing stays on Blake St. east of California.
by ChrisW » Thu May 02, 2019 11:18 pm
lefish wrote:For those interested, the LCP for FDA 27C went up today on the pole at California/Allston. Hopefully 27B at California and Bancroft will follow shortly. Also saw crews installing stays on Blake St. east of California.
Great! Thanks for the update. I’m out of town today, so I missed it, but that’s exciting news! I expect yours will be coming soon.
by edward128 » Fri May 03, 2019 10:29 am
There is a company named Solcom Inc. that seems to be installing some type of cable on my block. Are they a subcontractor for Sonic, installing fiber? I'm trying to temper my excitement. I'm located at McGee & Ward.

Update: I had to ask them. Yes!!! They are installing for Sonic.
by bwitt » Fri May 03, 2019 2:48 pm
What's the status for South Berkeley on King St near 63rd St? We had some utility pole issues earlier but managed to get that straightened out between the CPUC, PG&E and AT&T (whew!). Hope that's not still the issue? We've been in pre-order mode for a while now; anxious to get online! Any updates you can share would be much appreciated! Thanks!
by Guest » Fri May 03, 2019 7:16 pm
bwitt wrote:What's the status for South Berkeley on King St near 63rd St? We had some utility pole issues earlier but managed to get that straightened out between the CPUC, PG&E and AT&T (whew!). Hope that's not still the issue? We've been in pre-order mode for a while now; anxious to get online! Any updates you can share would be much appreciated! Thanks!
Saw some contractors hanging Sonic Fiber down 63rd past king street. Take a look up at the poles!
by Jon » Sun May 05, 2019 12:48 pm
Are there plans to bring fiber to the rest of the 2300 block of Russell Street in Berkeley? Fiber service ends at 2311 Russell St, and you cannot pre-order east of that address. I can see the Sonic fiber lines out my window, but I think they're about 50 feet too far away to run to my house.
by jacob.karinen » Mon May 06, 2019 8:58 am
Hi @Jon,

We had to stop our expansion of fiber due to the limitations of the utility poles going down the street. We're currently waiting for those poles to be reinforced and then we will be continuing our expansion of fiber in that area. If you want to DM me your address I can look into it and see if there's something we can do to get fiber to you.
Jacob K.
Community and Escalations Supervisor
Sonic
640 posts Page 45 of 64