Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
640 posts Page 3 of 64
by cmeisel » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:25 am
I got an email last week saying that sonic was on track for September it even included the same wohoo that the july one included. But I course it was clear September was impossible. No email arrives about any delays or new estimated dates yet.
by sniper1rfa » Mon Oct 01, 2018 8:45 am
There is fiber run about a quarter of the way up marin, with branches north and south. Also one line that winds up from santa barbara rd to spruce and north from there. Occasional trucks in the area but generally no movement in the last month or so. A worker said the permits had been cleared but they still needed to get the manpower organized and available.
by dane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 9:23 am
The region North of University between San Pablo Ave and MLK/Arlington is online today.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by neha » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:00 pm
Any updates on when north of University, east of MLK is expected to be online?
by dane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 2:09 pm
neha wrote:Any updates on when north of University, east of MLK is expected to be online?
It varies, and for pre-orders in that region we've sent out our best estimates recently. We are making very good progress in the region though, after some significant challenges and delays.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by Zandr » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:07 pm
Member tools still says September for me, which is obviously impossible. Sales isn't much help, saying "We understand there may be a delay."

Any solid updates for South Berkeley? (Ashby and Telegraph, roughly)

Also, I keep seeing references to updates being sent to "pre-orders". As an existing customer, I don't see any way to place a pre-order. What am I missing?
by dane » Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:39 pm
Zandr wrote:Member tools still says September for me, which is obviously impossible. Sales isn't much help, saying "We understand there may be a delay."

Any solid updates for South Berkeley? (Ashby and Telegraph, roughly)

Also, I keep seeing references to updates being sent to "pre-orders". As an existing customer, I don't see any way to place a pre-order. What am I missing?
Yes, existing customers got just one email I believe, "Fiber is coming!", but I don't think we provided any dates. Then we do not communicate at all until it's live, then we email a link to the Member Tools where you can schedule your upgrade.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by ptufts » Wed Oct 03, 2018 12:19 pm
Saw a crew doing the fiber lashing for Sonic just cross Euclid below Marin. Go team!
by alxyang24 » Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:30 pm
dane wrote:The region North of University between San Pablo Ave and MLK/Arlington is online today.

Hi Dane,

Just wondering if you could shed light on this as it seems I + few neighbors that have posted here seem to be in this region specified above in your quote, but with November 2018 dates. I presume it has to do with the very recently finished LCP cabinet at Vine and Josephine and where it routes under MLK east along Vine, Are we just on the border that missed the Albany CO and are waiting for the Berkeley CO to come online or some other unspecified issue? I just did a random sampling in the area and this seems to be border of the November 2018 people within

Just Curious! Patiently aware running fiber is tough!
2018-10-03 16_20_14-Google Earth Pro.jpg
SonicNov2018
2018-10-03 16_20_14-Google Earth Pro.jpg (234.21 KiB) Viewed 2309 times
by apl » Thu Oct 04, 2018 10:57 am
1500 Block of MLK also doesn't have any fiber available, because of undergrounded utilities.
(But you're right, the 1400 block somehow has FTTN. Argh, so frustrating.)
640 posts Page 3 of 64