Gigabit Berkeley

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
632 posts Page 12 of 64
by aanon4 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:08 am
aanon4 wrote:
Well today in "weird' Sonic ...

I ordered my fiber line via the members' tool this morning, scheduled the install, and it all went well. A little later I called Sonic sales because I wanted to bump the order to a business service - I work from home and it would be useful to have some more bandwidth. However I was told that Sonic will not sell me business service because it's not a business address. There was no other reasons given.

So ... instead ... they let me order two fiber installs which, according to my math, will cost me the same as the business service but involve installing two ONTs and running to cables to the house rather than one. I'm not sure why this is better from Sonic's perspective, but I thought I'd mention it here. From my perspective, assuming the two runs to my house are tapped off two different fibers in the street, then I should get more bandwidth out of the house than with the business service. Worst case it's the same.

Anyway, I'm quite happy this worked out, but it's a bit odd if you ask me.


And one other thing, they won't do the line installs at the same time, instead wanting to do them on different days.
by dane » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:15 am
Yeah, cancel those orders and place one small business / SOHO order please, ASAP.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by aanon4 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:22 am
dane wrote:
Yeah, cancel those orders and place one small business / SOHO order please, ASAP.


You'll have to forgive the nervousness about cancelling two orders which Sonic says they will install and replacing them with an order they say they won't install. I would prefer a specific person I could talk to in order to resolve this. Fell free to send me a private message with specific contact info.
by dane » Mon Nov 12, 2018 11:44 am
aanon4 wrote:
dane wrote:
Yeah, cancel those orders and place one small business / SOHO order please, ASAP.


You'll have to forgive the nervousness about cancelling two orders which Sonic says they will install and replacing them with an order they say they won't install. I would prefer a specific person I could talk to in order to resolve this. Fell free to send me a private message with specific contact info.


Do ask for a supervisor, if the sales rep can't work out how to click the "small business" radio button. Or, just place the order yourself via our website, should be easy!
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by aanon4 » Mon Nov 12, 2018 1:24 pm
Just want to say a big thank you to John in Sales for giving me a call and sorting this all out for me. Yes you can have the 2G business service, so that is indeed what will happen for me.

Thanks.
by sniper1rfa » Mon Nov 12, 2018 8:51 pm
>>FDA 34A: Euclid Ave from Cragmont Blvd to Grizzly Peak Blvd. Poplar St from Rock Ln to Hilldale Ave.

That includes the stub that goes halfway down rock lane?
by dane » Tue Nov 13, 2018 11:04 am
sniper1rfa wrote:
>>FDA 34A: Euclid Ave from Cragmont Blvd to Grizzly Peak Blvd. Poplar St from Rock Ln to Hilldale Ave.

That includes the stub that goes halfway down rock lane?


Maybe?

Image
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by sniper1rfa » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:01 pm
Sweet!

There is no option online to decline the RG rental. I assume if we call it can be done over the phone?
by dane » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:28 pm
sniper1rfa wrote:
Sweet!

There is no option online to decline the RG rental. I assume if we call it can be done over the phone?


Yep, but support capabilities become more limited and if we have to dispatch, you'd have a truck-roll fee.

If you want more capabilities than the standard RG, we've also got a new WiFi mesh offering, FYI. The installer can set you up with that - it'll be on the signup website in the near future, but is available for new installs and retrofit for existing members today.
Dane Jasper
CEO
Sonic
by alxyang24 » Tue Nov 13, 2018 4:56 pm
sniper1rfa wrote:
Sweet!

There is no option online to decline the RG rental. I assume if we call it can be done over the phone?


Keep in mind that technically you should be getting the RG rental 'free' for the first 12 months as get charged ~9.50 for it, but then get a $10 credit back (only if you rent the RG, unless I'm mistaken).

I don't need the RG rental either, but I plan to use it a just in case or to compare with my fancier setup and then return after 6-12 months.
632 posts Page 12 of 64

Who is online

In total there are 11 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 10 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 487 on Tue May 05, 2020 2:07 pm

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 10 guests