aDSL line PPPoE and DNS-Sec version

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by cataha » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:16 pm
So i just got aDSL from sonic.net since i don't need a 50+MBs at this time,
The questions that i have about PPPoE, You guys are no longer implementing it or using it? so now it's a clean text over to proxy or else since private ipv4 to S.J.

I configured to work for PPPoE and it didn't work, So i went back to DHCP style and it does work,
I then when to a modem diags and did some test and it came back as a PPPoE is been not found over my twisted pair.

Also DNS-Secure version questions:
I configured on my Router and Stations to use my router and then DNS-Sec but it shows that i use one time standard DNS and the other time i use DNS-Sec is it do to overloading problems or redundant links or both.
Also when i configure my router DHCP with DNS-Sec it doesn't want to switch on to DNS-Sec servers since DHCP has been preconfigured with none DNS-Sec ones,

Any suggestion workarounds?

Thanks
by kgc » Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:57 pm
cataha wrote: I configured to work for PPPoE and it didn't work, So i went back to DHCP style and it does work,
We have never used or supported PPPoE for our retail customers.
cataha wrote: Also when i configure my router DHCP with DNS-Sec it doesn't want to switch on to DNS-Sec servers since DHCP has been preconfigured with none DNS-Sec ones,
You're router may or may not have an option to override the DNS servers that it receives from DHCP (and subsequently offers via DHCP on your lan.) If not, you'd need to manually configure your hosts to use the DNSSEC resolvers.
Kelsey Cummings
System Architect, Sonic.net, Inc.
2 posts Page 1 of 1