Fusion in Pacifica 94044

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by kiper » Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:58 am
Hello,

I am an existing Sonic DSL customer in Pacifica, 94044 and love the service. However, now that my kids are "internet age" and my father is living with us, bandwidth is often an issue between multiple Youtube streams, Netflix and Grandpa streaming his Russian news channels.

Any word on when Fusion might reach Pacifica? Is there any other means of getting faster download speeds? According to Sonic support I am not able to upgrade to a faster DSL circuit because I am too far from the CO.

I would hate to leave such a wonderful ISP but I am faced with a tough decision about bandwidth in the coming year. I recommend the service to all my techy friends and that will not change even if I have to leave Sonic. Maybe we should move to Sebastapol for that 1Gb fiber :)

best, Sasha
by Guest » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:38 pm
I just received my modem today from sonic. I too am from the 94044 and wanting to have Fusion, but have to settle for DSL only for now. Is there any updates when Fuison will be available for zip 94044?
by dane » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:22 pm
Pacifica isn't currently on our buildout schedule. The location of the central office there is not ideal - most premises are too far away to get very fast service. It's located at 325 Reina Del Mar Ave - and most residents are far North or far South of this location.

We would like to serve the region - we have staff who live there, and lots of customers on ATT DSL today - but we're focused on our Los Angeles deployment right now. We can only take on a certain amount of expansion in a given period of time.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
3 posts Page 1 of 1