Question for Dane regarding Sonic Services in Eureka, CA

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
4 posts Page 1 of 1
by andielvi » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:08 pm
Hi Dane,

I'm a long-time Sonic Services Customer and Advocate going way, way back. My most recent and current account w/ Sonic was opened 11 years ago. I'm currently on Sonic Legacy DSL service at about 5-Megs Down w/ a Static IP block (Elite-S $69.95/month). The Static IP block and other features of the Sonic services are critical to me. Of course it's also important to me to only support an ethical ISP company like Sonic. Even though those that know me would argue that I don't really "have anything to hide", I'm not silly enough to believe that privacy and net-neutrality are not as essential for a healthy human society as are life-sustaining food, water and air for healthy human organisms.

I'm located in the Eureka, CA, Henderson Center vicinity within legacy DSL range of the Main Eureka CO Switch at 1818 F St., (at "F" and Wabash Streets):
Name: EUREKA T
Building CLLI: EURKCA01
CLLI: EURKCA01DS0

My current connection is not always stable and the relatively limited amount of bandwidth is a challenge but, it is acceptable for basic critical needs and usable most of the time. Any service options that improve upon the available bandwidth and latency and possibly add services like voice options would be greatly appreciated. But, only those that DO NOT compromise or sacrifice the essential Sonic network infrastructure layer and critical features like static IPs, non-monitored, un-metered, un-throttled, net-neutrality supporting services and policies, VPN, shell access, mail and hosting services, sonic support, etc., etc.

MY ACTUAL QUESTION:
Would you please let me and anyone who reads this know of current options offered by Sonic (other than the legacy "grandfathered" Elite-S DSL service) and ANY near-future plans Sonic may have for the Eureka CO area?

Of course, I would do everything possible to promote Sonic Service offerings to friends, family and business associates for all the reasons so many, including myself extoll the virtues of Sonic... :)

Thanks,
Andy
by m.harmon » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:55 pm
Right now you have best service we have available in that area. Typically we won't announce new services until they are ready to go live. The Bossman of course would have more information than I but I suspect he will give you the same info I did.
M. Harmon
Sonic Customer Support
by dane » Fri Jul 06, 2018 3:19 pm
Sorry, no near term plans for enhanced services in Eureka.

Of course, our goal is to build fiber to the premise everywhere - in California and beyond, and we're working toward that today. But rural and isolated markets present unique challenges in feasibility.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by goetsch » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:57 pm
dane wrote:Sorry, no near term plans for enhanced services in Eureka.
Sad, but not unexpected. Here in Eureka, moving from DSL to FTTN three years ago was a big step up for us--even though it really only took us from 4.5 Mbps to 12-15 Mbps--but it would sure be nice to get more than that.

Sigh...
4 posts Page 1 of 1