Sonic Setup Really Delayed..

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by dcon » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:30 pm
Moved recently, and was excited to find out Sonic Gigabit Fiber was available in my new neighborhood. Looked into setting everything up well in advance of when we moved, but was spooked by having to enter my credit card information immediately on the signup page. I was led to believe that by "checking out" right then and there that my 12-month contract and billing would begin at that moment, so I put it off until we were closer to moving because I didn't want to pay for a service while not living there.

Fast forward to a week before move-in, I finally go through "checkout" and am ready to schedule an appointment to find that the next available date is more than 3 weeks away. I call tech support and we manage to find an appointment that is slightly sooner, so I agree that we can last that long in our new place because hey, it'll be worth it.

That date is tomorrow. We've been at our new place a week and a half without internet (and some of us work from home so we've had to either drain our cell data or set up at cafes). TODAY I receive an email that my appointment has been delayed and I'll get an UPDATE about my appointment delay within a WEEK. That's not even a reschedule, just an ambiguous postponement - unacceptable for a utility.

I understand that a fiber drop needed to be done first, but when I initially made my appointment they were unable to give me a date/time for when that would happen, just that they'd try to get it done before my appointment. Surely Sonic has calendars for technicians where things like this get scheduled in advance right?? My neighbor in the same building is also waiting for that same fiber drop so you would THINK that would be a priority with multiple new users on the line.

Did anyone else have something like this happen? I'm partially venting but also hoping somebody can help me out here. I don't want to switch to a different service but internet access is a necessity in my household and if we can't get it soon they're going to force my hand...
by dcon » Tue Jul 03, 2018 10:31 am
Aaaaaaaand we're good! Not sure if it was tech support or what happened, but Sonic came through - performed a fiber drop yesterday afternoon and this morning my technician came as originally planned. THANK YOU for following through guys, I was panicking yesterday.
2 posts Page 1 of 1