Netgear DGN2200

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
10 posts Page 1 of 1
by jlau » Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:11 pm
I recently purchased a DGN2200 wireless router combo for use with the Fusion Service. Usually the routers automatically connect to the service but with this router it doesnt seem to be the case. I've tried to troubleshoot with my amateur tech skills and with no luck the modem still does not detect the fusion service.

Anyone have any hints on login on? Maybe I'm missing something in the settings?
by virtualmike » Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:42 pm
Do the instructions indicate how to put it into DHCP mode?

Or, if you have a static IP, do the instructions indicate how to configure for that?

Does it have a setup wizard?
by jlau » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:07 pm
it actually didnt come with much instruction since there is a "built in quick setup" but the problem is that doesnt detect my internet connection at all.

i tried manually configuring the router then i also set the sonic fusion to static and tried that as well with no luck.
by dragoonfury06 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:33 pm
sorry the previous user was actually me, i just never logged in.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7224/7182 ... 849a_b.jpg

here is a quick chop and paste of the settings i have. wondering what im doing wrong?
by virtualmike » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:49 pm
You don't need to hardcode the IP addresses for the DNS server, but that shouldn't prevent the router from recognizing the DSL.

I've never seen the "ADSL Settings" on a plain router. You may need to obtain that information from Support.
by dragoonfury06 » Wed Jun 13, 2012 12:49 pm
i tried that, she basicly said "i see you have a connection already, just use what youre currently using since you didnt get this modem from us, we cannot help with technical support"
by virtualmike » Wed Jun 13, 2012 3:27 pm
I didn't realize it's a router + modem.

The best way to get the settings is to connect to the Sonic.net-provided modem and get its settings, then make the changes on the Netgear.

This page at sonic.net/support shows how to log into the various pieces of equipment supported by Sonic.net so that you can look at the configuration settings. You should then be able to take that information to figure out the correct settings on the Netgear.
by dragoonfury06 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 11:25 pm
I dont have a sonic provided modem, kinda wish i did. maybe then i wont have to deal with this headacheee
by klui » Sat Jul 14, 2012 2:22 am
dragoonfury06 wrote:sorry the previous user was actually me, i just never logged in.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7224/7182 ... 849a_b.jpg

here is a quick chop and paste of the settings i have. wondering what im doing wrong?
http://support.netgear.com/product/DGN2200v1 contains links for its manual and firmware.

Your immediate problem is your Multiplexing Method should not be VC-BASED but LLC-BASED.
by dane » Sat Jul 14, 2012 3:22 pm
dragoonfury06 wrote:I dont have a sonic provided modem, kinda wish i did. maybe then i wont have to deal with this headacheee
Support can add a modem/router to your account, and it will be supported for the lifetime of your circuit with us. The cost is $6.50/mo.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
10 posts Page 1 of 1