Have to keep lousy router

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by wannabeswede » Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:55 pm
So I had my service installed about 2 weeks ago and from day 1 the router would intermittently drop service (reading this forum I'm not the only one) power cycle it and it would be fine for a while and then die. Called tech support they sent me a new router, same problem.

Put in the router I had before Sonic (Asus) and everything is fine and no issues and I get better coverage throughout my house.

So I email support asking what I have to do to keep my modem and give theirs back.

So obviouslsy it didn't go well since I'm creating this post, basically they are blackmailing me by saying they'll remove the promos i got:

Regarding your promotional discounts, you would be foregoing the following:

1. First month free. ($59.50)
2. Monthly discount for the first 12 months of service ($10/month)

Now I'm sure somewhere in something I signed it states this but no one ever verbally told me this when I was waiting for and signing up for the service.

So now I am being forced to keep a product that doesn't work.

Not a happy Sonic customer... but they are cheaper and faster than Comcast so I guess I'm staying... but not happily
by wannabeswede » Tue Jun 26, 2018 4:26 pm
I owe tech support a large apology, I was so incensed at the beginning of their email I didn't read the rest which had a solution.

Sonic Tech support, I'm sorry.

But the routers still didn't work and is something that needs to be addressed.
by ngufra » Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:32 pm
Their router should work.Other customers seem happy with it.

It's possible you got two bad ones in row (though unlikely) or maybe there is something specific with your setup.

Do call 611 again and try and come with a solution that works for you.

I personally uses my own router and was told when upgrading that if i elected to get a new line, i had to rent their device. (so basically i have to pay $10 to get a $10 discount)
3 posts Page 1 of 1