Using ATT's Smart Wi-Fi Extender with Sonic's FTTN service?

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
2 posts Page 1 of 1
by artannie » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:18 pm
ATT is selling ($50) a 'smart' wi-fi extender to boost wireless reach for users of its FTTN service. Since Sonic's FTTN service is via ATT, will this device work with Sonic's FTTN? If so, this would be an inexpensive and simple method to extend the WIFI range to a medium size home since ATT's (Pace?) modem/router does not have the range to provide adequate coverage.
The article says "The Wi-Fi extender is produced by AirTies and is supposed to boost coverage by an additional 1,000 square feet using mesh technology."http://www.telecompetitor.com/att-steps ... ance-game/

Has anyone tried this, and if so, with any success? Alternatives are to use a mesh system (such as an Eero, ORBI or TP-Link Deco) run in Access Point mode after the ATT modem/router, but these are more expensive...and I wonder if they are worth it, or if they are actually an overkill since FTTN is only rated to 50 Mbps.
Art Liberman
by Art » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 pm
This works! I had FTTN installed yesterday. The ATT router/modem is an ARRIS (BGW210-700). I plugged the wifi mesh extender in as indicated in the setup, paired it with the router/modem and then moved it to the other side of my house. Same wifi network throughout the house!
2 posts Page 1 of 1