Problems with Pace 5268AC and Fusion

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
1 post Page 1 of 1
by mwolczko » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:35 pm
I’ve been a satisfied Fusion customer for years. My old Comtrend modems died last week and yesterday I switched to a Pace 5268AC. It’s mostly working but I have some issues:

1. I can’t find an option to save the config. This is bizarre. If someone from Sonic is reading this, please put pressure on the mfr to add this. I can’t believe I have to re-enter the full setup whenever I do a reset or if I had to replace the device.

2. I entered a DNS search domain but it does not show up in DHCP clients.

3. I can’t figure out how to assign a fixed IP address for a DHCP device. When I look at Settings>LAN>LAN IP address Allocation it comes pre-populated with a bunch of entries. If I try to change anything and save I either get the unhelpful message “Error” or it complains that some unrelated address is about to be duplicated. I can’t even save immediately after reloading the page -- changing nothing -- without getting one of these errors. How is this feature supposed to work?

4. Because of these problems I tried bridged mode with a separate router (an Apple Extreme, which does allow me to save configs!). I have a single static IP. But, I couldn't make it work - even hooking up just a single computer (no router) with the static IP assigned didn't work. Eventually I gave up and went back to using the Pace as a router. I’d be willing to experiment some more — but not at the cost of re-entering the whole config if I want to switch back - see item 1. Is there some magic to making bridge mode work with a static IP?

On the plus side, everything else I've tried has worked.
-Mario
1 post Page 1 of 1