Interior Fiber Cable

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
3 posts Page 1 of 1
by fssbob » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:13 pm
I'm a new East Bay fiber customer. Very happy with the service.

Planning ahead: There's a very thin fiber cable, one end of which delicately plugs into the wall jack, the other end into the ONT. I just know that someday we'll have guests over and somebody will destroy that cable when they bump into the jack. I'd like to have a spare cable lying around for use when that unfortunate day arrives. Is there a way I can order one from Sonic, Amazon, etc?
by miken » Tue Jun 19, 2018 9:35 am
The white cable with green connectors? That's the Fiber Optic cable and getting just a bit of dust in there while swapping cables can ruin the performance of your line - so having a replacement on hand wouldn't be a good solution. Is there any way to minimize the chance of someone damaging it? Maybe moving a small piece of furniture in front of it? Fiber can bend surprisingly far before it gets damaged. All that being said, if the line does get damaged and needs to be replaced, just give us a call and we'll get you up and running.
Mike N.
Development Trainer
Sonic
by fssbob » Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:43 am
Thanks for your response. Yes, that's the cable I'm talking about.

I understand about the dust. I'm doing everything possible to minimize the chance of damage to the cable. And if damage occurs, of course I'll contact Sonic, but it's not realistic to expect instant service, and thus I'll be down for at least a day if not more. So I still want to have a spare cable. What I'd like from you is a part description that's specific enough to allow me to purchase one from Amazon, etc.
3 posts Page 1 of 1