Potrero Hill Fiber

Internet access discussion, including Fusion, IP Broadband, and Gigabit Fiber!
5 posts Page 1 of 1
by moving2SFsoon » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:49 pm
I've noticed that Sonic is Gigabit fiber is available on what appears to be the southwest portion of the neighborhood. The most recent public information I can find about the build-out in Potrero is this press release from a little over a year ago. http://www.marketwired.com/press-releas ... 213041.htm

Is there any word on continued expansion? Sonic service currently available at my address is 20mbps VDSL. Would be great to hear an answer as to if there is a possibility in the near future, not a target area for expansion, or if there have been engineering issues that will prohibit further expansion. ex: poles overloaded, underground utilities, etc. as I've seen given on the forum before.

Thanks!
by dane » Tue Jun 12, 2018 2:28 pm
We'd need the address in order to give you any specific information about barriers. Sometimes it's underground utilities or utilities fed by underground segment, and sometimes it's overloaded poles. Or, it's just an area we haven't completed engineering on! But with an address, we can speak to those specifics.
Dane Jasper
Sonic
by moving2SFsoon » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:55 pm
Thanks for your response! Since this is a public forum I'll give the address range. I'd me happy to send you the exact address directly, though I'm not sure how to do that. It's 601-699 Mississippi St. The odd (east) side of the street.
by pbar » Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:27 pm
I have a similar situation - I can see neighbors having Sonic gigabit fiber installed 3 houses away from me (Juri St, San Francisco 94110), but when I go to the Sonic web page I get redirected to some crappy DSL service I don't want.

When I email customer support I get the stock "coming soon, just wait' response.

I'm guessing that I can't get service because we have Comcast cable and no overhead pole closer than about 30ft. However, it's *way* beyond infuriating to keep getting flyers through my front door offering gigabit fiber and not be able to get a decent explanation as to when/if ever this might happen!

Sonic really needs to get a bit better with customer communication in my opinion.
by moving2SFsoon » Wed Jul 25, 2018 11:00 am
Noticed this article in the neighborhood newspaper. https://www.potreroview.net/sonic-disru ... rero-hill/ Would be great to hear how the build is progressing! Eagerly awaiting Sonic on the east side of the hill where the lines are above ground. (It seems that north of 20th street the lines go underground. There's a development underway at 1395 22nd St that I'm sure could provide plenty of future customers, not to mention the upcoming redevelopment of the projects on the south side of the hill.
5 posts Page 1 of 1